Thread: TNL's GotM: December 2006

1. TNL's GotM: December 2006

Previous entries:
    November 2006: Gears of War [360]
    October 2006: Splinter Cell: Double Agent [360]
    September 2006: Okami [PS2]
    August 2006: Dead Rising [360]
    July 2006: Prey [360, PC]
    June 2006: Tie: Half-Life 2: Episode 1 [PC] / Street Fighter Alpha Anthology [PS2]
    May 2006: New Super Mario Bros. [DS]
    March 2006: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [360, PC]

Happy New Year's, everyone. Hope it was a good one for all. And on that note, let's ring it in the geeky way; TNL GotM voting time!

As usual, retro Xbox Live Arcade titles do not count. However, starting this month, along with the Wii's Virtual Console and the PS3's PlayStation Store, I do want to make the distinction that wholely original downloadable titles will now be eligible for the overall list. Ports --enhancements or no-- will remain ineligible.

That said, let's get the voting started! I have to say, it was pretty slim pickings this month, but luckily Konami stepped up to the plate, and delivered a few high quality titles to make sure it wasn't a total wash. As for my vote, I'm going to hold off until I play Portable Ops, despite being pretty positive it will wind up my choice.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. MGS: Portable Ops.

3. There's no poll ;(

Assault Heroes.

4. There's a poll ;(

Also Gun on 360 was pretty cool ;(

5. I beat Gun on the 360. It was OK. I just use that space for Nintendo mantras these days.

Next week it'll probably be something like "ONLY 20% OF PEOPLE HAVE HD"

6. I enjoy Metal Slug Anthology greatly, but I'm annoyed that I can't use the classic controller (even though I probably would use the wavebird anyway) so my vote goes to Elebits. I haven't played any of the other games on the list yet, aside from MGS PSP for 5 minutes. I can't wait to try Star Trek Legacy.

The best Castlevania since SOTN.

Incidentally, if XBLA/VC/PS Store retro titles don't count, why do retro compilations?

8. ibtn.

Anyway, I say MGS: PO all the way. So awesome.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bVork
    Incidentally, if XBLA/VC/PS Store retro titles don't count, why do retro compilations?
    You know, I would rather not include them either, but felt it had already been established in one of the early GotM threads that Geohound made, where Street Fighter Alpha Anthology tied for GotM. I've always tended to leave ports and compilations as a last resort when narrowing down the choices, and this is the first month I've put one on the list myself, simply due to such slim pickings.

That said, actually, I think I'll go ahead and make that a New Year's resolution for GotM threads: from January on, retro compilations and straight ports will also no longer be eligible.

I love the voting so far. The impartial jury has all picked Castlevania or MGSPO, while Joust and Spo toe the party lines.