Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archon-like games

1. thnx, I'm a big archon fan.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    That has got to take the cake amongst altered Japanese localizations.
    Doesn't beat what we did with Yo Noid!, though.

3. StarControl 1 was pretty Archon-like. Great game. I never played any of the sequels, so I couldn't comment on them.
    Stay down!

4. Wrath Unleashed was such a good game, my brother and I spent tons of time playing it together like everyday for a few weeks straight. For what it's worth I'd recommend that anyone looking for game in this vein pick it up.
    This is MY world, I just let you all live in it.
    http://membres.lycos.fr/stationsig/Segafanclub.gif
    "Although it did not become the fatal wound, it owed the minor burn..."
    "The intellectual pleasant sensation that is adjusted taste freely to detail the operation system which rubs the impression of production and the existing game which adhered, leads synopsis of drama to conclusion with prayer itself inference power and insight"
    I love babelfish.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    The Unholy War(Eidos/Toys for Bob, PS1, 1998)
    I have only played the demo of it which doesn't have the strategy segment but I wasn't that impressed with the action. The more complex fighting doesn't work as well as Archon's simpler fast paced action. Still, I haven't played the full game so I can't give a complete judgement on it.
    Being a huge fan of Archon back on the C64, I picked this game up when it came out, and was instantly disappointed. Bad control, clunky, overly-complex combat, a poor 3D camera and crummy computer AI pretty much ruined this one. What a shame.

Oh, and I agree with your opinions on Archon 2 & 3 as well. Actually, I wasn't aware 3 was a homebrew game.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb
    StarControl 1 was pretty Archon-like.
    Yeah, it definitely has some similarities which isn't surprising as it's another Paul Reiche game.

7. I honestly thought I was only one who liked Archon.