Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi Kidnemo I read QC

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    And that can be the last Robobo. Ever.

Keep it up, the more you chit chat about Robobo - the more attention we get from TNL readers.

2. Hits are not an accurate representation of site traffic, as they don't track by IP or number of pages read, it's just number of pages served, including error pages. Visits are what you should be concerned with. For instance, my site has about 24k hits so far this month, but only 530 visits (same IP, more than two pages viewed). Is that an older version of webalizer you have running or did you modify it not to show visits?

3. I think it's broken up in to sections (I don't look at it that much anymore). One has unique hits and regular. We also have a counter on the site Jonas programmed himself which is a lot more accurate because it actually does sort out how many unique hits each comic has. But people clicked 3001 times from TNL to Robobo this month so far.

Epicentral, the second last comic ago, received 1985 unique page views. Our last five comics or so (back to It's Gay Day Down by the Bay with Aquaman) have done well over 1400 hits each.

I used to run WrestlingGames.com which recieved about 20 million page views a month so I'm used to wading through this stuff.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Aug 2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. But people clicked 3001 times from TNL to Robobo this month so far.
    Those are just hits though. People didn't click 3001 times from TNL to Robobo. Jonas's sig image and various other images were just seen on TNL that many times.

5. Oh yeah I forgot about the images hosted on Robobo.

edit: Actually I'm pretty sure referrals is links only. There's a files tab just like that that has TNL listed and Jonas' signature image plus a bunch of our comics Revolter has posted.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Aug 2006 at 09:34 AM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Nope, it's hits and links together which is a stupid way to do things, really(and part of why I stopped using webalizer so long ago, I guess). I just switched my stats program back over to webalizer to make sure. There was a seperate files tab too. If you access the actual log file and search for "the-nextlevel.com", you should find that it's loaded the sig image and whatnot several thousand times, and not that you've recieved 3000 visits from this site.
    Last edited by rezo; 08 Aug 2006 at 10:09 AM.

7. We turned off of webalizer for an advanced stat system you have to pay a low monthly fee for awhile back (I think in June) because it wasn't giving us indepth information.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Aug 2006 at 10:54 AM.

8. There is another URL in webalizer for links off of TNL.

Anyways, my point is just this: The more people bad mouth Robobo on TNL (the only real place that does) the more hits we get from TNL because it keeps bringing up the topic.

So I say thanks, every bit helps.

9. I hate you guys for mucking up Kidnemo's thread.
    Donk

10. Every single time somebody insults Robobo, I'm going to be here.