Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: web design style guides

1. Backend is NetAdmin 4.0 SE, which has PHPmyadmin, Fantastico (for automatically installing a number of PHP and whatnot apps), and the typical kinds of stuff. They also have a newer style of backend, but to be honest, I've never really used it.

This page runs down some of the backend stuff they offer.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. I've had good experiences with Speakeasy for hosting (albeit only on the expensive business account).

Here's an excellent article on what fonts you should use.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. i use flexihostings and have nothing but praise for them. The only time I've ever had a problem was due to something on my side, and the support team replied to my email within an hour at 11pm. They even sent me a birthday card signed by some of the staff.

http://www.flexihostings.net/

As for design tips, stay the fuck away from times fonts and animated gifs, and keep it simple. Color wise, a nice little guide to follow is to pick 3 colors that go well together and use them in the ratio of 6:3:1.

4. Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    i use flexihostings and have nothing but praise for them. The only time I've ever had a problem was due to something on my side, and the support team replied to my email within an hour at 11pm. They even sent me a birthday card signed by some of the staff.

http://www.flexihostings.net/
    Holy shit that is cheap.

What plan u got?

5. Premium (the best standard package they offer). Its only like $15 a month or so, cheaper if you pay in bulk.

6. My site is 95% done. Five thousand eight hundred thirty five lines of PHP code (to speak nothing of the things that I wrote that didn't make it in!). It's looking good, though Im not 100% happy with it. All I need is a decent name. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 10 Aug 2006 at 08:51 PM.