Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Ledger just seems all wrong.
    I really just cannot see Ledger being able to do this role. Nicholson always had that crazy look about him and has pulled off roles where he came across as psychotic and delusional (Shining). Ledger hasnt played any roles like that and just doesnt have that wild man look about him. Really. Way to miscast arguably one of the coolest villians in any comic series ever, assholes.

2. There's a difference between Crispin Glover and Heath Ledger. Crispin Glover is an incompetant actor and Ledger is a competant, oscar nominated actor. I would trust Ledger more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Sigh, first old pudgy Joker and now teen heartthrob Joker...
    Jack Nicholson was a great joker. He was so damned evil.

Jim Carrey could be good for a Joker more like the one from the animated series, but they already wasted him on Riddler (which was complete miscasting, too).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Jack Nicholson was a great joker. He was so damned evil.

Jim Carrey could be good for a Joker more like the one from the animated series, but they already wasted him on Riddler (which was complete miscasting, too).
    Agreed on all counts.

Going with the tone established in Batman Begins, I'm sure Nolan will make the new Joker a very dark, fucked-up character. It might have been a nice change from Carrey's usual squeaky-clean image.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Aug 2006 at 01:24 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    STFU. The fact that Jim Carrey was in any Batman movie was a fucking waste. At least they put him in one that would have sucked even without him ruining it.

He's not funny and sure as shit can't play a good psycho either.

6. Heath Ledger? Not sure about that decision. Guess I'll take a wait and see approach.

I liked Carrey as the Riddler, it just sucks that the movie was terrible.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    What happened to Batman Continues? I'm really looking forward to this film. It's too bad it won't be coming out until 2008.

P.S. - Why does that article talk about Heath Ledger like he's some sort of screen legend?
    I guess it's just typical PR. I think Heath Ledger is a really odd pick. He doesn't look anything like The Joker and I can't think of any roles he's played that really cement his acting ability along the lines of a character like this. Robin Williams would've been the best choice, IMO. He can be crazy and over the top and then reel it in to a really distrubed and morose place. Adrian Brody looks a lot like The Joker. I think the choice of Ledger has more to do with the buzz surrounding him coming off of Brokeback Mountain over anything else.

I have faith Nolan knows what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. My pick for the Joker would be Paul Bettany.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Agreed on all counts.
    Agreed Agreed on all counts.

Going with the tone established in Batman Begins, I'm sure Nolan will make the new Joker a very dark, fucked-up character. It might have been a nice change from Carrey's usual squeaky-clean image.
    Carrey is a good actor. He's just built a career on zany, outlandish roles that whenever he plays something reeled in and shows his acting chops nobody wants to see it (because it's not Ace Ventura 35 or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    My pick for the Joker would be Paul Bettany.
    Well... he was in A Knight's Tale with Ledger.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Aug 2006 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. OMG FIRST PIC LEAKED!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww