Page 3 of 250 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    OMG FIRST PIC LEAKED!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by I'm Never Funny
    Robin Williams would've been the best choice, IMO. He can be crazy and over the top and then reel it in to a really distrubed and morose place.
    I'm really glad the didn't choose Robin Williams for the role. I don't think he's right for the part at all. I think he would have been too over the top. He also doesn't look the part. Ledger isn't really who I pictured as the Joker either, but he's better than Williams.

3. Robin Williams plays a good brooding psychopath, but him being wacky and pretending to improv really irritates me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by elfneedsfood
    I'm really glad the didn't choose Robin Williams for the role. I don't think he's right for the part at all. I think he would have been too over the top. He also doesn't look the part. Ledger isn't really who I pictured as the Joker either, but he's better than Williams.
    You might be right about him going too over the top, although I do think Nolan would have just reigned him in. He plays good roles (The Night Listener looks really good). The Joker was always going from wacky to sombre though, so that's why I think he'd be a good choice. I don't really care if he looks like The Joker as much. But then again I love reimagining of franchises when it's done with some kind of quality (The Batman AS for example).

Again, you just have to put faith in Nolan after such a dead ringing Batman Returns.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Yeah, a fit, 30something Christian Bale fighting an overweight zany Robin Williams. Box office gold! Please.

6. Yeah, I have to say I'm glad Williams wasn't cast as well. Word has it he was desperate for the role, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Robin Williams plays a good brooding psychopath, but him being wacky and pretending to improv really irritates me.
    Oh, man. Me too. Like, really.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Nicholson did a good job but it doesn't change the fact that it was a horrible miscasting for the character. The Joker is not supposed to be a husky, balding, over-the-hill type.

Carrey's too much of a ham. Joker's a goof but also very disturbingly psychotic, Carrey would skew it way too much to the goofy side.

And Williams would be a combination of both of the above grievances.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 01 Aug 2006 at 02:04 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by I'm Never Funny
    Again, you just have to put faith in Nolan after such a dead ringing Batman Returns.
    You see, that's one reason I'm not flipping out. Nolan DID do a good job with the first movie (aside from it being a tad too long, but every movie is nowadays).

Also, like I've said, I've had enough seemingly miscast actors suprise me in the past that I'm willing to wait and see if Ledger does the same. It's certainly possible. After all, he's a straight guy who was willing to cornhole another man on-screen for a movie role. Who knows what he'll be willing to do as The Joker?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Aug 2006 at 02:11 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    Yeah, a fit, 30something Christian Bale fighting an overweight zany Robin Williams. Box office gold! Please.
    I'm sure he could have, you know, worked out a bit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Nicholson did a good job but it doesn't change the fact that it was a horrible miscasting for the character. The Joker is not supposed to be a husky, balding, over-the-hill type.
    Maybe you didn't notice, but that movie went a long way toward shaking up what Batman was "supposed to be" in the public's eyes. I know Dark Knight Returns and a few others may have been an influence (or may not have been, since Burton admittedly wasn't into the comics), but that movie was much darker than anyone pictured batman and very different, which is really what made it so good.