Page 1 of 250 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight

1. Batman: The Dark Knight

Source

Official name for the next movie has supposedly come out, and it's Batman: The Dark Knight. If so... very cool.

Page also says that Heath Ledger is indeed confirmed as being the Joker.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Official.

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures July 31, 2006

As a follow up to last year's blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama "Memento," which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller "Insomnia," starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on "The Prestige," with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick's "The New World." His other credits include "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho," "Laurel Canyon" and Steven Spielberg's "Empire of the Sun," which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama "Brokeback Mountain." His other credits include "Casanova," "Monster's Ball," "Lords of Dogtown," "The Brothers Grimm" and "The Patriot."

"Chris' unique vision is what made 'Batman Begins' such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of 'The Dark Knight,'" said Robinov. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

"I'm excited to continue the story we started with 'Batman Begins,'" added Nolan. "Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. What happened to Batman Continues? I'm really looking forward to this film. It's too bad it won't be coming out until 2008.

P.S. - Why does that article talk about Heath Ledger like he's some sort of screen legend?

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Source

Page also says that Heath Ledger is indeed confirmed as being the Joker.
    What The Fuck? What happened to Crispin Glover? I mean really, Heath Ledger? Might as well get Ben Affleck to play him...

5. FUCK YES! My whore of a girlfriend tried to convince me that since the original batman movie had the joker, and Batman Begins was the begining of batman, that the joker card at the end of the movie was supposed to set up the old movie. I told her she was an idiot and now I'm right.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    FUCK YES! My whore of a girlfriend tried to convince me that since the original batman movie had the joker, and Batman Begins was the begining of batman, that the joker card at the end of the movie was supposed to set up the old movie. I told her she was an idiot and now I'm right.
    While it's obvious that she's wrong, I could see why she would think that.

7. I had personally hoped that Christopher Eccleston would be cast as the Joker. I'm willing to take a wait and see approach to this casting, though.
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    P.S. - Why does that article talk about Heath Ledger like he's some sort of screen legend?
    For real. Before Brokeback Mountain, it was looking like his short and insignificant Hollywood career was just about over. Hell, the guy did that shitbomb A Knight's Tale, how much lower can you go?

Honestly, I like the title of the new Batman movie, but I've never been a fan of Ledger. I've thought actors have been horribly miscast for roles before, only to be proven wrong when they do a great job, but I really have a bad feeling about this.

I could see a nutjob like Crispin Glover playing the Joker (shit, I think he was born to do it). Ledger just seems all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    While it's obvious that she's wrong, I could see why she would think that.
    I can't. They only said, like, a MILLION times that Batman Begins totally reset the franchise and they were starting from scratch.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Aug 2006 at 09:47 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Sigh, first old pudgy Joker and now teen heartthrob Joker...

10. "Ah wish ah knew how to quit yew, Joker!"

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww