Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poster thing i'm working on.

1. poster thing i'm working on.

i kinda forget tnl has an area to post up artwork. i haven't posted up anything here in forever but i'm kinda proud of this piece so...anyway...this lady at my church wanted me to do some poster for this back to school jam they're having for the kids. this is what i came up with.

here are some other versions

uhm....i really like the 3rd and last one with the crazy colors. i like the first one with the grey tones, too. i like them all. it's not done yet, though. i think i'm missing some words or other important information + i might mess around with the font. the font here is a sega font i got from some website i can't remember at the moment.

i had a LOT of fun drawing the kids. i've been looking at a lot of old astro boy comics and the way tezuka draws people running with hyper extended legs has rubbed off on me. or maybe i just stole it. i was thinking of adding more kids. like a fat one with a cookie in his mouth or even a kid with a boom box and shades or something. OH, the kid in the front is kinda supposed to be me. i have an outfit just like that. anyway, let me know what you guys think.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rama
    i kinda forget tnl has an area to post up artwork.
    Well it does. And you need to use it. You have to. HAVE TO.
    Beyond robacrabadrawesome. Plz post more pictures in the immediate future. Or i will come to your house and make you cook me sandwiches.
    I love the kid who doesn't like to run and the robot the most. Ha ha to your person looking like the leader of the gang. And ha ha to a walk-a-thon poster featuring running kids.
    Rama, this is really excellent work, and i love each of the versions, especially the crazy colors. And please draw more kids. It doesn't need it at all, as it's perfect, but more would be awesome anyway.
    And update your site more too.
    Donk

3. Very cool and energetic.

Not a fan of the font, although somehow it works better here than it would almost anywhere else.

And yeah, post more here. Not everyone lurks the Gingerbox forums like me.

I like the first one and the third one best. I don't think the font works too well. It should be something more early 60's ish, like it's announcing a clambake or something. OMG a clambake!! Or a beachparty or something. Well, yeah, I can picture the font even if you can't.

Here, here's something like I'm thinking:

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...in/13/MPW-6965

But... the font's not so bad compared to the placement of the text.

However, this poster is really great and I actually mean that.

5. I adore it.

The 2 guys in front of the robot and the girl with sandals are great. Good stuff.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Awesome. Maybe try mixing your headline fonts with a different one for the subtext.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. thanks for all the words everyone.

finch - i updated last week. i'm trying to print my comic soon so check out what i've added in the comics section.

bacon - gbx lurker? you post anything ever?

scourge - where can i get that font? i was even thinking about handwriting the text 'cause i like to do that some times but...we'll see.

yeah....i'll try changing some of the text sizes around. i got some other information that needs to be added so i'll have to do a lot of experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by rama
    scourge - where can i get that font? i was even thinking about handwriting the text 'cause i like to do that some times but...we'll see.
    Well, I don't know about that one specifically, but I'm looking around the web right now... This place seems to have some cool ones. I like the 'Baileywick Curly' though it may be a bit too curly, 'Baileywick Festive' is awesome, 'Charade' is pretty ok, 'Fanfare' is really good, 'Funnybone' is cool, 'Periwinkle' is nice if not a little too bold... However, these aren't free unfortunately.

This Anderson Stingray, Normal is pretty cool for an all caps font for the style of your picture. I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by Scourge; 01 Aug 2006 at 03:16 PM.

10. so i drew some more kids.

this is for some smaller flyers to be handed out. i just kept it plain black and white and i'll probably print them on different colored sheets of paper at kinko's or something.