Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Otakon 2007

1. Otakon 2007

Friday, July 20 - Sunday, July 22

Yes, the dates for next year are up. I'm not sure when the hotels are going to start taking reservations, but it can't hurt to start calling them now.

My girlfriend's sister's wedding falls on that weekend, so my attendance at this con is up in the air at this moment, but hopefully things work out.

Everyone going should stay at the Holiday, we can own bitches at SFIII and Garou.

2. July 20-22 sounds great to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Boo. Beginning of the month worked great for me, due to magazine deadlines.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. If the Sheraton's prices keep going up, my friends and I probably won't go back there. It's a shame, too... being the closest to the convention center on the skywalk is really, really convenient when you need a clean(er) bathroom or need to drink more in a hurry.

We'll probably suck it up and pay whatever they ask, anyway.

5. We stayed at the Days in which was close. Though, I do have to say everyone I knew who stayed there said there was at least one bug in their room during the con. But it was cool they had wi-fi internet access, a fridge, and a microwave.

They also messed up our room and gave one on the smokeing floor (my one friend was very allerigic to smoke), so we had to switch to another but it was a room with only one queen sized bed and there was 7 of us. But we still had a ton of fun hanging out in the room being silly.

6. I'm gonna reserve a room at the hyatt and days inn(if possible, else holiday inn). If I get enough people to join the Hyatt, I'll drop the other hotel, otherwise, forget piling 6 strangers in my room... I'll take the holiday inn over that bs.
    -Myk

7. I'll reserve a room with someone, perhaps mechdouche, tain, and anyone else, in whichever hotel the rest of you guys want to stay in.

8. FUCK OTAKON 2007.

Jim Vowles isn't getting my 50+ dollars to wipe his taint with.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

9. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Friday, July 20 - Sunday, July 22

Yes, the dates for next year are up. I'm not sure when the hotels are going to start taking reservations, but it can't hurt to start calling them now.

My girlfriend's sister's wedding falls on that weekend, so my attendance at this con is up in the air at this moment, but hopefully things work out.

Everyone going should stay at the Holiday, we can own bitches at SFIII and Garou.
    I really, really want to try going this time, I hope I save up. Comic Con is pretty much dead now, so I have something better to go to this time!