Page 3 of 607 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. I played on a used SRW WorkingMan's 12 100 watt bass amp on the way home from work today, and I gotta say, these SRW's have some great tone to them. This little 12" with 100 watts had really good punch and a pretty fat, warm tone. The owner of the store is going to pull it apart and fix the couple of problems it had (a loose input and a pan or something that needed cleaning/adjusting), but for $275 for my kid's birthday... I might go with it. Unless somebody can come in with impressions on SRWs that sway me from thinking they sound awesome...

I don't know... That Ampeg needs me to play on it again. It was really nice. And it was new and not beat up.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Anybody know anything about Ampeg bass amps? And SWR bass amps.

I played on an Ampeg ba115 today and was really impressed for the price and considering it's not all that powerful.

I also played on a Fender Bassman 250 which kind of underwhelmed me, but I'm not a bassplayer, I don't know too much about this stuf, and I didn't play it too long, so maybe it's a hell of a lot better than it felt. It just seemed to not get very loud.

Then I played on an SWR WorkingMan's 15 and was blown away by how huge the sound was. But these are discontinued and the new line is called WorkingPro, so I'm curious about them.
    Basically, Ampeg is to bass amp what Fender is to guitar. Fantastic, reliable and popular. SWR is a trustworthy brand too. A Bassman 250 should be able to get plenty loud and has a sweet burpy tone. Ultimately though, if you don't like how it sounds, then don't buy it (i for one am not too fond of Ampegs tube amps, but most people jizz over them like crazy).

3. k here goes:

Ibanez GAX70: My first guitar. I bought it probably about three years ago after I decided to learn guitar. To begin it wasn't a bad start. However, I quickly got to the limits of the intstrument. The sound was pretty fuzzy and the neck didn't really feel right to me. I still have it and it's my bullshitting guitar.

Gibson Les Paul SL Humbucker: Pretty much an awesome guitar. It's smooth, has a nice crunch to it, and very easy to play. The sound is spectacular. I wish I had a decent amp to do it justice. This is a graduation present from my parents but I've been paying for it. Those bastards.

Ibanez 10-watt practice amp: It's shit. It always has a fuzzy, staticy sound to it when it has gain on. This hindered my progress when I started out because I couldn't achieve the notes I wanted but I started playing unplugged and have learned to love it.

Yeah, I don't really have much. It's pretty much because I started to play guitar in college. I borrow equipment from friends whenever they can afford to lend it to me. I still have a long way to go before I can have a show and not rely on someone else's equipment.

4. Guitars

Left to Right
    Cort M200 - nice prs copy, great neck, replaced the pickups with customshopparts pickups..seems now that they only do bridge replacement parts.
    RG copy - rather nice..replaced the pickups with some no-name actives. I like them.
    strat copy - as you can see in the pic the pickups have been replaced. nice neck as well
    Washburn 587 7 string - replaced pickups with Evo 7s. Really like this guitar.

My new Baby
    Carvin CT4M

The odds are good I'll replace the pickups sometime

Pedal Board

this is just my home setup, if I need to take the pedals out I put them on my smaller board. This setup is nice for testing around at home. I also have a couple rackmount effects.

Amp
    Epiphone Valve Junior - I like this nice little tube amp

I also have an old solid state randall head that goes into a single 12 cab

5. Cort is such an underrated bang for your buck brand.

ps your images are broken.

6. I heard you were a master at the skinflute, arjue.

7. i suck dicks like harmonicas, thank you very much.

8. ya website was down last night, and now its back up. I'm rather suprised its back up with out taking mysql down in annoyingly repairable horror.

Either way I agree with the cort statement. I would like to get one of the m-600s which I believe is the semi-hollow version

9. Guitar -
    Ibanez Les Paul copy
    ESP something or other. It was cheap and plays great.
    Cheap Washburn acoustic.
    Schecter 5-string baritone guitar.

Orange AD30TC head
    Orange 2X12 cab
    Roland 1X10 practice amp.

Bass-
    Hartke something or other.
    EH D/I box. (I'll play bass for you, but you're providing a PA )

Pedals-
    Boss DS-1
    Boss Metal Zone
    ZVex Fuzz Factory
    ZVex Lo-Fi Loop Junkie (looking to sell, don't ever use)

Keys:
    MicroKorg
    D/I box
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall
    ZVex Lo-Fi Loop Junkie (looking to sell, don't ever use)
    First dibs.

PM pls.

P.S. where the shit have you been?