Page 571 of 607 FirstFirst ... 557567569570571572573575585 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/mu...ed-in-houston/

They busted some 200 member strong gear theft gang in houston

I hope they are pressed between SVTs until dead.

3. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    I was at a pawn shop and two Chinese Epiphone Les Pauls caught my eye. So I played them and they were both fucking exquisite. I had nothing to do that day I so I went around town looking at Les Pauls. AFter playing all the $2-5K ones at two Guitar Centers and various other places that had Gibsons I went back and bought one of the Epiphones for $400 because it was the best of them all. But the real meeting point of savings and quality are all those lawsuit guitars from Japan. Get a vintage Greco, Burny, Tokai or one of the old Japanese Epiphones.

If you're talking about me then I am going to advise you to go buy a used one off Craig's List. If I'm charging a responsible hourly rate for my services you can get a fine one for the price of me removing the baseplate screws. And please, I beg of you, don't get caught up in any of that "the ones made in Taiwan don't sound as good as the proper vintage Japanese made ones" because it's just plain dumb. Same circuit, same parts, same sound.
    For sure on the Lawsuit era. I had an Ibanez LP that was lost to the sands of time. Probably the best player guitar I've ever owned.

As for the HM-2, word. I don't buy into the pedal Mojo. If the circuit is the same, the circuit is the same. I'd like to have this one working just for sentimental reasons, but there's no point in crying over it and spending triple just to fix it.
    Boo, Hiss.

Does it still pass audio? Hook it up next to the working one and pretend you're using it.

5. It still runs audio, but the distortion is diminished. Sounds like a Eric Clapton instead of Entombed.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Picked up that AD30R today. It's lovely. Nice to have an amp that's loud and portable.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. How bad is it for a valve amp to be pushed to its limits? My friend is pretty set on playing heavy shit, but his amp is a Vox AC30. I know its technically possible to get some good heavy tones out of them (see Refused - Shape of Punk To Come), but I have a feeling you'd have to abuse the amp to get it. It's not the volume level that concerns me but more his rig breaking down, but I have no experience or knowledge of tube amps outside of how fucking heavy they are.

8. There are no rules. Crank it man.

9. I mean, a dirt pedal of some sort would certainly help, but yeah, the tubes are designed to handle the load.
    Boo, Hiss.