Page 581 of 607 FirstFirst ... 567577579580581582583585595 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post

I got a Volca Sample. It's a lot of fun, and crazy powerful for its price. Some of the factory default samples are terrible but you can replace them easy enough. I want to get more Volcas but the big issue i see with them is not being able to sync changing sequencer patterns between the machines. Maybe you could rig that up with a midi controller somehow?
    They sync better than any old MIDI rig ever did, but yeah, it's basically limited to 16 step ribbon type stuff
    as near as I can tell. I have a Volcano Keys, FM, and Beats. The FM is my desert island synthetic.

2. FM is next for me for sure, I'd love to get a full FM synth but I have no idea how any of it works, Volca FM seems like a good compromise.

Can you sync them to load different patterns at the same time? That is my main concern. If you need to hold memory and press a number on each machine it would be super cumbersome.

3. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    FM is next for me for sure, I'd love to get a full FM synth but I have no idea how any of it works, Volca FM seems like a good compromise.

Can you sync them to load different patterns at the same time? That is my main concern. If you need to hold memory and press a number on each machine it would be super cumbersome.
    Yeah, but the capability is limited and varies between the units. Using the Volca Beats as the master certainly, and I'd imagine the Sample as well, but not the Keys, for example. You can also sync to several nonVolca pieces of hardware and DAWs - you cou could always use a DAW to the MIDI in to the individual Volcas in any case.

Last edited by Fe 26; 15 Oct 2016 at 10:24 AM.

6. That is a very pretty guitar.

It was my main guitar until I fell in love with Telecasters. It's pretty cool.

8. That's a hot ride, but out of my price league.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. If I try to do my own guitar setups, what are the chances of me fucking an instrument permanently? I want to learn how to do it but i don't have any instruments I'd be okay with sacrificing.

10. If you're just doing a basic setup, you can't really fuck anything up. As long as you're not fucking with the truss rod (too much) or filing down saddles or nuts you'll be fine.