Page 587 of 607 FirstFirst ... 573583585586587588589591601 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. Oh wow, that thing has an offset body? I also dig the wavy flag inlays on the neck.

I'm gonna say what I always say: you should look into late 70's or early 80's Greco guitars.

3. 8 channel mixers with really low noise on the pre? The one I'm borrowing has so much hiss. Say $200 tops.
    Boo, Hiss.

Why would it hiss? Are you doing something zany?

5. No, just has a noisy preamp when at volume. Like when you crank up the gain on a tube amp and it has that hiss sound.

https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-Mix12F...253548011&th=1

That seems great, but it doesn't have an on/off switch, which is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 07 Feb 2017 at 04:33 AM.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm gonna say what I always say: you should look into late 70's or early 80's Greco guitars.
    If I can find one with bad ass P90s, then yes, I'm all over it.

7. Greco is good! The prices seem to be on the rise but they've definitely made SGs with P90s in there.

8. What say you about Eastwood guitars? Some of their stuff is ugly as shit, but I kind of like their Les Paul Jr.

9. I've played good ones. These days, I ask why care about a brand? Play it and if it's good then it's good. If the neck of it is straight and has the fretboard radius you like, the body is capable of housing the pickup type you enjoy, and the whole thing is nice and resonant when you play it unplugged, what more could somebody need? Unless you spend big bank or get lucky on some vintage sleeper, whatever guitar you buy will have lowball pickups in there. They might sound good, they might not. No more of roll of the dice than any modern Gibson or Fender costing less than multiple thousands.

I didn't like the only eastwood I played, but I'm a Mosrite snob.

Check the notable users section on the mosrite wiki if you need proof.