Page 5 of 607 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. I'm alone. I can't really find decent musicians to play with ever since I left my last band. All I get are wannabes/noobs. I know I've only been playing for 3 years or so but man I can at least play. I'm a sad panda.

2. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33
    What kind of bands/musical projects do you guys have going on?
    You still at berry college? I have a friend in a local ATL death metal band, I keep trying to get her to give me some tracks broken down into each part (guitar, drums, vocals) so I could maybe work on a remix or two.

I have several different projects brewing in my head or I'm still working on finishing tracks or building up my sounds/samples/drums for em.

Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33
    What kind of bands/musical projects do you guys have going on?
    I do the vocals and programming for The Plus One Mores.
    I'm also in a jazzy sad girl music band called Walkout.
    I also played bass (mostly) rhythm guitar and did backup vocals in Corey vs Corey. The album, a few remixes, and some live footage is available here.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    You still at berry college? I have a friend in a local ATL death metal band, I keep trying to get her to give me some tracks broken down into each part (guitar, drums, vocals) so I could maybe work on a remix or two.

I have several different projects brewing in my head or I'm still working on finishing tracks or building up my sounds/samples/drums for em.
    I just moved back in for the start of my second year at Berry. What's the name of your friend's band? All the metal shows I’ve been to in the Atlanta area have been littered with local bands that were boring at best, so I’d definitely be interested in hearing something to change my opinion of the Atlanta scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon
    I'm alone. I can't really find decent musicians to play with ever since I left my last band. All I get are wannabes/noobs. I know I've only been playing for 3 years or so but man I can at least play. I'm a sad panda.
    Dedicated, artistically motivated musicians are difficult to find these days (especially so in the case of drummers), and as my past “jamming” experiences have taught me, playing/writing music with other people is definitely a lot easier/immediately rewarding than playing/writing everything by yourself. You definitely have to have a lot more dedication as a do-it-yourselfer, but as a trade-off, I suppose the end result of completing a one-man musical project could potentially be more satisfying on a personal and artistic level.

5. My last drummer was fantastic. He's a close friend of mine. He could do anything: Jazz, latin, off-tempo, whatever. A true asset to any band. The problem is, however, he doesn't want to do the band thing and wants to teach music.

6. good drummer = good band imo

7. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33
    I just moved back in for the start of my second year at Berry. What's the name of your friend's band? All the metal shows I’ve been to in the Atlanta area have been littered with local bands that were boring at best, so I’d definitely be interested in hearing something to change my opinion of the Atlanta scene.
    Their band is called ecryptus and you can find on myspace on the same name. They played at masquerade on the same night as that dragon force show. I'm not really into the metal scene around here, mostly into the hip hop, IDM and breakcore stuff locally. But every so often I find some local bands I like or try and support/work with friends.

I really wish guitar center wouldn't send me sales catalogs when I'm trying to save up. I miss mars music also, I used to snang up some much stuff for cheap back in the 90's there.

8. Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    good drummer = good band imo
    TRUTH.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon
    TNL is in desperate need of drummers.
    I play drums. I can't take pictures of my sets right now as I'm in the middle of getting ready for a move and I've already had them taken back to my hometown, but I have:

A vintage 5 Piece Ludwig Vistalite drumkit.
    These are the same drums John Bonham of Led Zeppelin toured with. They're really cool looking because they're transparent. Mine are blue however, not orange like Bonzo's. They sound HUGE.

A 5 piece Kaman Legend drumkit .
    Almost no one's heard of these because the company (Legend) went out of business after about a year or so of production. The kit is really nice though, perfect for jazz, replete with an 18" bass drum and 10", 12", and 14" toms. I use two-play coated heads on this kit. The warmth of the sound is beautiful.

All of my cymbals are Zildjian and fall under the A Custom or K Custom lines.

I've also been taking guitar lessons since November of '05. So far all I have is:
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard
    A really crappy Ibanez beginner's amp
    Takimine G-Series acoustic guitar

I might get a real Gibson LP someday, but not unless I'm actually gigging on a regular basis. The Epi fits my needs just fine for now. Especially because I'm not very good.

10. What is a good computer based drum machine program I can work with for starters? I know i should have a drummer for my band but those are hard enough for me to come by. Is there any standard, or are drum machines running through computers rare enough that no standard is used? I have powerful enough computer speakers now that they can handle the volume for what i need to do.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life