Page 596 of 607 FirstFirst ... 582592594595596597598600 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. PreSonus makes it needlessly difficult to update their stuff, had to register the hardware just to download the goddamn firmware updates to link a studiolive 34.4.2ai and RM32ai via cat5 and even then doing the updates was a real nailbiter

2. I forgot to check the fucking fuse.
    Boo, Hiss.

I'm going to sell all these big amps. I just hurt my shoulder moving the bassman. I'll get a modeling amp and copy them all first though. Who cares. On a recording you'll never know.

Im pretty over it. The constant maintenance costs. The floor space. The fucking weight. I don't use them enough.

4. I went that way for a while. Ended up back in the game. It doesn't help that our sound is built around being tremendously loud.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Speaking of big old tube amps, cool article: https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...term=PG+Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm going to sell all these big amps. I just hurt my shoulder moving the bassman. I'll get a modeling amp and copy them all first though. Who cares. On a recording you'll never know.

Modeling digital amps are more than up to the task these days.

Articles like that smell like someone is trying to unload some amps. Though I'd punch your mother for that Ace Tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Modeling digital amps are more than up to the task these days.
    [/FONT]
    Yeah, but Universal Audio is putting this fucker out soon... http://rekkerd.org/universal-audio-s...mer-namm-show/
    Last edited by Josh; 19 Jul 2017 at 09:45 PM.

7. Yea I saw that. $1300 tho

The modeling amp I was looking at was $700 more than that thing. HOWEVER, this thing doesn't stop me from having to pay to maintain these old motherfuckers every other year or so. The room tone switch would keep me from being King Tweakmaster on my computer when recording things, so that'd be nice. Probably. I don't know.

This is all an excuse to spend money for no real good reason.

9. Are you thinking of a Kemper?

That's the one, yeah. My understanding is that it's the best, and as close to transparent as these things get.