Page 605 of 607 FirstFirst ... 591601603604605606607 LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

As long as you keep the ohms correct and aren't picking something under the recommended watts, you can connect a lot of speakerage to an amp.

2. What kind of volume loss do multiple cabs get? Like, at what point does the increase in speakers end up in diminishing returns?

Also: anyone have a good article on a musicians guide to ohms?
    Last edited by icarusfall; 20 Mar 2018 at 12:33 AM.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Jesus christ that bass rig must be loud as fuck

4. It is indeed, but I need it past that point. It needs to be dangerous for real. Then Brian’s side of 8x12 driven by a v4, and a Twin reverb 2x12 pushing an 18 on the line out.

People need to flee if they’re not wearing plugs.
    Boo, Hiss.

I get it, I really do, but any sound guy letting you do that in an enclosed space is tremendously irresponsible.

6. We’re posting SPL warnings around the venue, and giving out free earplugs.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. For live drone music, absurd volume is pretty essential. It completely recontextualises the genre.

8. If you’ve never been around music at 115db, it’s hard to explain.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. It won’t let me upload the picture, but traded for a 2x15/2x10 today. Current rig is about 8 feet high.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Got a Sunn 2x15 for 100 today. One speaker needs a recone. Trying to repair it with the glue and paper trick first.

All I need now is the second head and it’s over. Looking at either another Terror Bass, a Traynor Bass Master, or the Orange CR120.

0CBCB133-C961-4873-8DFE-5290C2DB0EE8.jpeg
    Boo, Hiss.