Page 526 of 607 FirstFirst ... 512522524525526527528530540 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

I have tried forcing myself to play guitar for the past couple weeks and I can't really make myself do it.

2. It happens. The urge will come back eventually, and probably by surprise. Meanwhile, I've started practicing slide guitar -- sometimes it sounds pretty authentic and awesome, sometimes it borders on unbearable.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

It's because I don't have a band. I have been in a slump since the Quarantines stopped playing. Not being able to finish up that project to my satisfaction is something that really bothers me. The Deckerds were a thing to do, and it was fun for a bit, but then it turned into work. I haven't had fun with music for years, really, and I need to. I've been looking for bands up here but everything (no exceptions) people have out there on Craigslist is awful. Pacrappa and I have discussed this trashy punk rock thing, but it hasn't moved past discussions yet.

The fact that there isn't a scene for the kind of stuff I want to play is a concern of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    I've started practicing slide guitar -- sometimes it sounds pretty authentic and awesome, sometimes it borders on unbearable.
    I messed with slide for a bit. I determined that it isn't something I want to know how to do. It sounds way cool, but I don't have a practical application for it outside of being a jerk.

4. My Dad gave me his slide guitar and a slide a few weeks ago. I can't do anything on it, i'm kinda shocked at how hard it is.

I was in a musical slump for most of this year, so i started creative writing to take a break from it. About a month ago, something magically clicked and i've been writing music like crazy. I think it just comes and goes and you just have to roll with it, trying to fight through it just digs yourself into a deeper rutt.

I try to write and it's just the same shit over and over. It's frustrating. I'm also pretty sure I'm writing some good stuff, I just hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    My Dad gave me his slide guitar and a slide a few weeks ago. I can't do anything on it, i'm kinda shocked at how hard it is.
    It requires one to throw out everything one knows and start over. Pretty cool, but also pretty intimidating.

6. Despair is part of the process. But you know this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    IThe fact that there isn't a scene for the kind of stuff I want to play is a concern of sorts.
    Are you up for commuting down to Tacoma? It's a bit of a shit hole, but you might have more luck finding like minded musicians, some good bands from that town.

8. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111518007230?lpid=82

Fernandes Um Jammer Lammy Guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Fuuuuuuck, that thing is killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Are you up for commuting down to Tacoma? It's a bit of a shit hole, but you might have more luck finding like minded musicians, some good bands from that town.
    Sold the car to pay for the truck to get us over here.

10. That Umjammer guitar is BOLD. I'd love to have that thing.

I've been fiddling with this Telemaster for about two years now and I realized that I don't really want to fuck with finishing the body. The last time I applied stain or varnish to wood was 7th grade wood shop and I recall not digging it. So I made a trade with my buddy. I'd build him any drive pedal he likes in exchange for him finishing my TM body. He sent me a picture yesterday and I like what I see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141202_115557.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	75625