Page 604 of 607 FirstFirst ... 590600602603604605606 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. Cheeks, what say you about these two? https://offerup.com/item/detail/352258637/?ref=Search

Seems like a pretty good deal for the both of them, and they're not tube, which is what I'm looking for.

Probably ok, but they are preupdate. The newer ones were intentionally redesigned to respond more like a tube amp.

The updated ones will say transtube on the front or back or have the transtube logo on the front right

https://www.amazon.com/Peavey-Bandit.../dp/B001R2NR3C

You can probably get a used one for about 200.

3. If I’m using a 120 watt head, will it be louder through an 8x10, or a 6x10 assuming all the speakers are the same wattage? I don’t really know how efficiency translates to loudness.
    Boo, Hiss.

Whats the total wattage for each cab?

If it's the Ampeg 6x10 you should skip it and wait for a fridge or go for two 4x10's instead. (Then you can hurt people from two places!) If it's a different brand 6x10 I don't know, but I do know that the Ampeg one has a bad-ish rap amongst cork sniffers and others. For me, in retrospect, it was something way heavier that didn't get me way louder than a 4x10hlf.

6. Music Gear Discussion

Let’s just say they’re both 400 watt cabs.

It is the Ampeg 6x10. Pretty great price at 375, but if you’re saying it’s bad, I’ll skip it. All things being equal, it should be like 6db louder than the 4x10 is my understanding.

Amp wise I’m looking at an Ampeg vt-22 to drive the 6x10 or 8x10.

This would be the “”guitar side”” of the setup. I’m running a straight bass rig on the other side. Orange Terror Bass 500 into an swr 8x8 and bag end 18 sub. They’re both running in tandem with an aby splitter.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 18 Mar 2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Boo, Hiss.

speaker math can be a funny thing. Depending on how you divvy it up, you're looking more at a pie/percent/ ratio than a straight addition of sound.

You might just have more horses pulling the same cart of Rock.

8. Man, I just played through the 3 amps I have and shook a painting off the wall.

Adding an 8x10 is going to be legit dangerous for hearing damage at shows.

We already promised to buy the entire club earplugs.
    Boo, Hiss.

Check your ohms on those cabs and that vt-22. Different eras and different outlooks maybe? It’s been a while since I’ve had one of those but I’m remembering a problem trying to hook it to Rebecca’s hlf cab . It’s 100 watts though? I think you’re under powering any modern x10 bass cab with that.

10. Music Gear Discussion

That’s the next problem to solve. I need to have the 8x8 rewired as it is. I’m gonna get the xx/10 done up at the same time for optimal performance.

It’s for sure underpowering, but I can’t afford the cab and an SVT CL.

SVT goes for a grand plus minus. VT-22 I can get for 6-700. I know a bunch of bassists that use a v4 to power an 8x10, so I don’t feel too bad splitting the power.
    Boo, Hiss.