Page 603 of 607 FirstFirst ... 589599601602603604605 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6069

Thread: Music Gear Discussion

1. I'm not very knowledgeable on guitar amps but its crazy how closely they can emulate tube sounds these days, I'm sure you could just get any decent solid state amp and a good overdrive or pre-amp pedal. I've been looking at a Wampler Tumnus for my guitar recording because micing an amp in my house isn't feasible.

semi-related:

A peavey envoy or bandit is a good buy if you want a simple solid state amp (s) that can sound kind of tubey.

3. When I play solid state, I just shoot for whatever’s cheap with clean headroom, and get all the grit from pedals.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. That's pretty much where I'm at. As long as it's loud enough and can take pedals well, I'm good. I've been using this weirdo Vox AC15VR, it's got a tube in the power amp section. It's a nice sounding amp, just not loud enough. I have to crank it and it gets pretty squealy when using fuzz.

Meh at your pedals into clean amp. Run your shot straight into a power amp, PA or mixer if you want to do that.

There is a pedal out there that’s a 20 watt solid state amp. I know a few pedal people that keep one in their board In case of tragedy.

7. I’ve got an Orange Bass Terror that’s a hybrid. Tube pre, the size of a lunchbox, and weighs like 10 pounds. It’s my favorite workhorse amp, but they’ve gotten expensive.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Now I’m looking at an Orange ad200b with my tax return.

We’ve started doing “Sunn” gigs where everything is eardrum rupturingly loud.
    Boo, Hiss.

I had one. It was cool, but why not go with an SVT if you want to kill some people for around the same price?

10. I love the distortion at high volume on the Orange. SVT is cleanish.
    Boo, Hiss.