Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crank

1. Crank

Trailer
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_...ank/large.html

Plot Outline:

A hit man (Statham) learns that a poison injected into his body will kill him if his heart rate drops slows a certain point. Now he must exact his revenge on the people who injected him before he takes his last breath.

After watching the trailer, I'm excited about this movie. I get that great 80's action feeling from it. The movie doesn't take it self to seriouly, and it knows its an action movie, and you can feel it wants to have fun with itself (meaning the story). Thats not to say the story is weak either.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Looking forward to it. Staham is the man

3. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Looking forward to it. Staham is the man
    indeed. Other than Jet Li or Jackie Chan, I don't think anybody else could pull this kind of movie off. It's a perfect action vehicle for him.

4. It's "Speed" without a bus?

5. Yup, but with more speed. And hand to hand combat.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Staham is the man
    Fucking agreed. I'll see this for sure.

BTW, whatever happened to Revolver?

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

7. As much as i like Jason Statham, doesn't this movie have the same plot as Speed? Bus can't go below 50. Heart can't fall under a certain rate?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji
    As much as i like Jason Statham, doesn't this movie have the same plot as Speed? Bus can't go below 50. Heart can't fall under a certain rate?

Na, cause they had to stay on a buss the whole freaking time. In this he's basically more alive now than ever in his life. He's gonna do the things he only imagined about, and while doing so, kick ass and take names to the guys that poisoned him. Its always funny that sometimes people only start to really live when they are almost dead, and this movie touches up on some of those themes, or at least it has potential enough to do so without being to serious. Thats why It's gonna be a fun movie.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

Transporter 2 was a wreck but I still think this dude is pretty awesome.

I might catch it.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. Statham's cool, so I'll probably go and see this. But why do European-made action movies always have to have such totally contrived and goofy premises?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    A hit man (Statham) learns that a poison injected into his body will kill him if his heart rate drops slows a certain point.
    Just keep doing cardio. Forever. Easy.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww