Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem connecting my wireless pad to another 360

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    So how many times have you tried using a 360 wireless pad previously associated with one 360 on another console?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Please believe.
    Rare sucks, lollers.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Hah, don't be so quick to insult the kid--there really are issues connecting wireless pads to foreign 360s.

We have lots of 360s in the office, but if I turn on my controller it'll automatically and only operate my 360. Makes sense--after it's been used with a particular console, it has a preference towards that console. When you take the controller to another console, it has a hard time letting go of its preference and constantly looks for the original console it was linked to.

The connect buttons on the 360 controller and the 360 system are there to solve this problem, but in my experience (and I've done this a lot) the controllers are tough to convince. I usually have to try connecting them multiple times before the controller ever gives in. Haven't figured out the "trick" to it--just do it over and over until the things eventually connect.
    This is correct, Korly. I've had similar issues. The easiest way to get the controller to work on a different console is to simply plug it in with the charge and play cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Nice

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    The easiest way to get the controller to work on a different console is to simply plug it in with the charge and play cord.
    Ah yes, I totally forgot about this. Plugging a controller directly into a foreign 360 will always make it connect and realign its bias.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    So how many times have you tried using a 360 wireless pad previously associated with one 360 on another console?
    Never. I haven't tried baking a cake either, but that doesn't mean it's fucking rocket science.

6. Fantastic analogy to set things straight.

7. Mmmm... cake.

8. It's the SotC avatar, isn't it?
    Donk