Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem connecting my wireless pad to another 360

1. Xbox 360 II Problem connecting my wireless pad to another 360

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but...

I often bring my pad round to my friends house when playing Perfect Dark Zero. But I find a problem connecting my pad to my friend's 360. Trying to connect causes all the lights around the guide button to flash at the same time, and it just won't connect. Is this a major design flaw by Microsoft or am I doing something wrong? If anyone knows how I can get my wireless pad to work with my friend's 360 I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2. I've never had a problem using more then one wireless controller. It should sync up automatically.

PS. Stop playing Perfect Dark Zero, it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. lol. There's a little white button on the front of the 360 called the connect button.

Next time, read the manual, n00b.

And you claim to be "haxx0ring". Hmph.

4. Hah, don't be so quick to insult the kid--there really are issues connecting wireless pads to foreign 360s.

We have lots of 360s in the office, but if I turn on my controller it'll automatically and only operate my 360. Makes sense--after it's been used with a particular console, it has a preference towards that console. When you take the controller to another console, it has a hard time letting go of its preference and constantly looks for the original console it was linked to.

The connect buttons on the 360 controller and the 360 system are there to solve this problem, but in my experience (and I've done this a lot) the controllers are tough to convince. I usually have to try connecting them multiple times before the controller ever gives in. Haven't figured out the "trick" to it--just do it over and over until the things eventually connect.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X
    I don't find it as bad as some people make it out. Single player portion blows chunks, but I must admit I do like the multiplayer. It passes the time.

lol. There's a little white button on the front of the 360 called the connect button.

Next time, read the manual, n00b.
    I did. Didn't mention anything about connecting to other peoples systems. And pressing the controllers connect button really doesn't do anything for me. Just jumbles the guide button lights up.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X
    Please believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Hah, don't be so quick to insult the kid--there really are issues connecting wireless pads to foreign 360s.

We have lots of 360s in the office, but if I turn on my controller it'll automatically and only operate my 360. Makes sense--after it's been used with a particular console, it has a preference towards that console. When you take the controller to another console, it has a hard time letting go of its preference and constantly looks for the original console it was linked to.

The connect buttons on the 360 controller and the 360 system are there to solve this problem, but in my experience (and I've done this a lot) the controllers are tough to convince. I usually have to try connecting them multiple times before the controller ever gives in. Haven't figured out the "trick" to it--just do it over and over until the things eventually connect.
    So limey 18 year-olds and IGN employees have problems. That doesn't convince me of a design flaw.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    So limey 18 year-olds and IGN employees have problems. That doesn't convince me of a design flaw.
    So how many times have you tried using a 360 wireless pad previously associated with one 360 on another console?

9. Xbox 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    So how many times have you tried using a 360 wireless pad previously associated with one 360 on another console?
    THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN DOWN.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN DOWN.
    LOL. Good show, Rumpy.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios