Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

1. That was the only thing that made it semi-interesting to watch.

2. So after souring on this during the whole Endless Eight debacle, I finally got around to watching the final five non-Endless Eight episodes of the second season and the movie, The Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzimiya, and they were really, really great.

I then went back and watched the first season again, and man, it's a trip to see all the subtle hooks and references they put in for the later stuff. It's a rare thrill to see a series that deals with time distortion where it really feels like everything was in place all along and they weren't just revising and rewriting as they went along. The last eps of S2 even make Episode 0 of S1 really interesting in retrospect!

It's a shame they tainted peoples' perception of the series with that E8 junk.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 30 Mar 2011 at 10:31 PM.

3. Seriously I haven't been able to go back and watch it since then. I can't believe, I just can't, believe, that someone thought that was even a remotely good idea. It worked in the book because it fast forwards through so much of it. But eight entire episodes, jesus christ.

I'm reading the light novels. Up to the third one, so far the anime is word for word faithful. I want to get to the stuff that happens after the movie.

There's a spinoff series about the parallel world Yuki Nagato omg so cute!