Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE comics. Just pay for shipping

1. FREE comics. Just pay for shipping

Since I'm interning at MAD Magazine, I get a slew of comics every Wednesday from the mailroom. All issues are September/October issues. Some are normal comic thickness, while others are thick like a magazine or two. I have Superman, Batman, Teen Titans and some other comics by DC, Vertigo, Wildstorm. These will be great as gifts or something to give to your little siblings/cousins or just to read while you're on the can.

These are FREE from me to you, I'm not making anything off of these (incase DC reads this or something). Just cover the estimated shipping costs. They'll be shipped via Media Mail in padded envelopes. The comics will be chosen randomly and I'll try and not leave dupes. To cover shipping $2 would do it for 10 comics, $1 for each additional 10 comics.

If you're in the NYC area, you can meet up with me to pick it up if you want to save on the shipping costs. Don't matter to me. My internship ends August 25th, so get what you can.

I also have some anime novels that DC also produces. There isnt much of these are most are duplicates. If you're interested, let me know. I dont know the names of them but hey, its FREE!

I accept PayPal, money orders or consealed cash. I would take personal checks, but I'm not going to bother with the clearing time for them.

I have 130+ comics with more to come each week.

I have included pictures of them. Those are the only three anime comics I have on me right now. There are more at the office but they are pretty much duplicates of different ones or some of the ones I have.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03675.JPG 
Views:	600 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	20010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03676.JPG 
Views:	613 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	20011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03674.JPG 
Views:	600 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	20012  
    Last edited by bandit; 26 Aug 2006 at 10:35 AM.

2. These would be nice prizes for my students....PM me please, bandit.

3. PM sent.

4. A day late...

Well, if there's anything left, let me know. I'd like to get in on this. I'm in NYC, would be happy to pick them up / say what's up to a TNL'er.

5. I don't live in NYC, but I'm willing to pay shipping if ever there's anything else.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. There is still lots left. And with me having 2 weeks left at MAD, there will be more comics.

Just let me know how many comics you want. As mentioned above, $5 should cover shipping per 10 comics. If you want to pick them up I am free after 5:30pm (MAD is near Times Square and right across from David Letterman CBS. If not, you can pick it up on Saturday's when I'm working security (8am-4pm). Just let me know

7. Great. I can come on Saturday morning. As for which books and how many, preference is for the trade paperbacks, but normal "floppies" are fine. Just whatever you've got.

Thanks.

Can you hook me up with some Batman and Superman comics? Just let me know how many you feel like sending and I'll paypal you the shipping.

Off topic...but is interning at MAD as awesome as it sounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Can you hook me up with some Batman and Superman comics? Just let me know how many you feel like sending and I'll paypal you the shipping.

Comics will be sent out at random. I'll try and add a couple of well known heroes in each. I cant guarantee as the semiocre names out number the well known comics.

PM me how many you want and I'll send you my PayPal email.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    Great. I can come on Saturday morning. As for which books and how many, preference is for the trade paperbacks, but normal "floppies" are fine. Just whatever you've got.

Thanks.
    I'll give some trade paperbacks (i assume the thick ones) and some floppies. PM and I'll give you the address to where I work.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Forgot to answer this. Its pretty cool. MAD is pretty small actually. There is about 10 people or so in editorial. The people that actually layout the pages (me included), there is about 6 full people (not including me). We layout the pages for the artist, give them the script and photo reference (if any) and we mail it to them. They mail/email back to us a rough sketch. If we OK, they do a complete finish.

In our Classics Mag, its a reprint of all the old articles. Since Classics now feature color, we have Wildstorm (DC Comics) color them. Sometimes the coloring is off so we have to go in and fix it up.