Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: Wallet Rape 2006

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Actually, I want a stand for my 360 but they don't even make them. It's easy to tip over.
    They have one on ebgames but the reviews say it's worthless.

I plan on buying Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk 8 and I'm considering getting NBA 2k7.

Wii:
    System - $250
    Second Controller (just the wiimote) - $40
    Zelda - $50
    Metal Slug Anthology - $50
    TOTAL: $390

PS2:
    Bully - $50
    The Red Star - $20
    Guitar Hero II - $80
    Samurai Shodown Collection (import) - $60
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $50
    TOTAL: $260

PSP:
    Vice City Stories - $50
    Every Extend Extra - $40
    TOTAL: $90

Xbox:
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $40
    TOTAL: $40

Xbox 360:
    Gears of War - $70
    Splinter Cell Double Agent - $60
    TOTAL: $130

DS:
    Yoshi's Island 2 - $35
    TOTAL: $35

Undecided platform:
    Gunpey - $40

TOTAL COST: $985

But hey, the Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown collections will make my AES completely obsolete, and I can probably get about $550 by selling off my neogeo crap. So the total will then be a much less horrible $435. And I spent more than that on the Xbox 360 launch.
    Last edited by bVork; 01 Oct 2006 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Removed Forza 2 but forgot to remove the cost from the subtotal.

3. So playing games is your fulltime job?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    So playing games is your fulltime job?
    No. I just have no life.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Xbox 360:
    Gears of War - $70
    Splinter Cell Double Agent - $60
    TOTAL: $190
    You apparently can't add either.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Next month begins the monsoon. Figure out your gaming budget for the rest of this year.

For me:

DS:
    FFIII
    Megaman ZX
    Elite Beat Agents
    Yoshi's Island 2
    Castlevania PoR
    DQ: Rocket Slime
    Contact
    Touch Detective
    Hotel Dusk

total: $270

Wii:
    System
    Zelda TP
    Metroid Prime 3
    Rayman RR
    Warioware SM
    Monkey Ball
    maybe another, Red Steel or Trauma Center probably

total: $450-530

GC:
    Super Paper Mario

total: $50

GBA:
    FFV
    Super Robot Taisen OG 2

total: $60

PSP:
    Every Extend Extra
    LocoRoco
    Ultimate Ghouls & Ghosts
    maybe: Killzone Liberation

total: $120-160

PS2:
    Okami
    Yakuza
    FFXII
    Guitar Hero II
    Persona 3
    Rule of Rose

total: $300

Combined total: $1250-1370

:-(
    This is the most ridiculous list outside of Morphix I have ever seen. Good luck, but you won't play 1/2 of them by next years flood.

I'll probably check out Gears of War if the reviews are favorable and I like what I hear from the kids on the internets. If I can test it out beforehand without spoiling it I'll do that too (probably at a friends house).

NBA 2K7 looks hot this year so I'll probably pick that up. My old bosses want to have a 2k7 tournament in January so I'll probably practice with it over the holidays before getting completely schooled by them.

I wanted a Wii but now that the excitement has settled and the dust settled to the bottom of the pond again I think I'll hold off. I'm not huge in to Zelda after Ocarino of Time (Lttp is still #1 IMO) so that's not going to move me. The new Mario may have, or a Smash Bros. They're more my flavor. But they're not coming out until 2007 (probably Christmas 2007 for Mario since Nintendo's a bunch of cunts). So I'll pass on the 300 dollar expense until it's worth it to me.

Other friends will buy Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 so if I ever need to play it i'll just give them a ring. Those games are only halfway decent in multiplayer anyway.

I'll probably pick up Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Maybe Okami, but if I buy MK: A I won't play Okami so probably not. No, no Okami. Maybe I'll rent it or buy it for 10.99 in a bargain bin 3 years from now.

FFXII kind of looks interesting. I know I'll probably buy it, play it for a day or two and never touch it again. Oh well.

Oh I'll also be getting Battlefield 2142. Online futuristic FPS FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. As much as I hate not having free time, at least my game purchases will kept at a minimum.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $60
    Gears of War (maybe) - $70
    Wii w/Monkey Ball & Zelda and extra Wiimote (maybe) - $390
    Yoshi's Island 2 (maybe) - $35

Yikes, $555. I'm still iffy on getting a Wii, so if I decide that it's not worth picking up one at launch, my wallet will thank me.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios