Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game & Watch Collection DS

1. Game & Watch Collection DS

Unfortunately it's only available as an exclusive bonus item for Club Nintendo members in Japan.

Includes 3 G&W games:

Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Green House.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/725/725434p1.html

I want a DS cart like this with every G&W game ever made. Would be a nice slap to all the LCD game dealers on ebay.

I used to own SMB G&W. That had some nice scrolling visuals and complex levels for an old LCD game, it even had warp zones. In light of that, I always wondered what Metroid on Game and Watch would have been like.

A school mate in the 4th grade had the DK Jr G&W and wouldn't let anyone play it. Jerk.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 14 Aug 2006 at 10:24 PM.

2. That would be sweet.

I remember reading about this before and wondering why there were only three games. I didn't know it was a bonus item so it makes sense now. That packaging rules too.

Would be a nice slap to all the LCD game dealers on ebay.
    I doubt it would affect them at all. People are paying big bucks to collect the real things rather than just playing them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    I doubt it would affect them at all. People are paying big bucks to collect the real things rather than just playing them.
    True. I still get the occasional temptation to drop a lot of money on any given G&W, not to mention mint Pac Man or Galaga tabletop I see for sale.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 14 Aug 2006 at 10:43 PM.

5. Pretty nice packaging, it would be cool if they put a few more games and sell it.

6. I used to have quite a few G&Ws... shame I don't anymore. I have the collections, but can't play the first few anymore since I no longer have a GBA (I sold it when I got the DS). I could still play them on my GB player, but it's not quite the same. I should just sell them and play the GBA one and enjoy what I can.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

7. I want that.
    I was talking to a friend of mine how i wish Nintendo would do some kind of re-issue on the real thing, even if it was for the original prices. Nostalgia would kill me.
    Donk

8. Since this is nintendo were talking about if these games ever get a U.S release you can be sure the games will be sold alone and for 20$.

9. Of course, because that's how things always work for Nintendo.
    Donk

10. Game & Watch 4 on GBA was one of the most played games on my GBA, so I would be very happy to see a release of G&W games on the DS. I hope this gets the attention it deserves in Japan.