Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YAWARA LICENSED BY ANIMEIGO!!!!!

1. YAWARA LICENSED BY ANIMEIGO!!!!!

Animeigo have just announced they've aquired Yawara.

It's a long 124 episode series and it's Animeigo's first aquisition in
    6 years since they licensed You're Under Arrest in 2001.

This is also the biggest show Animeigo have licensed since Urusei Yatsura first came onto the scene in 1992. Although let me say that is when the similiarities end because Yawara couldn't be more different.

Many will remember that Yawara won the poll back in 1999 for the show
    fans most wanted to see them license.

Yawara in some respect is an odd aquisition since the sports genre is
    notoriously under represented but i'm sure that will work in their
    favour.

Yawara was extremely popular during its original broadcasting run in Japan. The extremely rare dvd set in Japan fetches prices of around $1000. We are therefore exteremely lucky to be geting this as i'm certain no other company would take such a huge risk.

Click Here for the Animeigo Website (more details apparently coming soon)

And lastly thankyou Animeigo!
    Last edited by mcarocks2003; 18 Aug 2006 at 07:10 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mcarocks2003
    And lastly thankyou for my viral marketing paycheck Animeigo!
    Fixed.

But you deserve it. I wish more plants were like you, Mac.

3. I'll bet if they paid him a little more, he'd vary the sentence structure a bit so every sentence didn't start with "Yawara."

4. AnimEigo handling a 124-episode series? This should be good.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. They're pretty much the Working Designs of the anime industry. It'd be like WD (when they were still around) suddenly announcing that they were bringing over the entire .hack series.

6. Ah, so you mean we'll see this completed by 2014 and the dialogue replaced with Britney Spears jokes, then?

7. How many series has AnimEigo handled that aren't thousands of episodes? Like five. And the other three are several million eps. Like Kimagure at 5,699 eps, You're Under Arrest! at 500, and Urusei Yatsura at several trillion episodes.

It's not like Viz wasn't spacing the Maison Ikkoku boxes half a year apiece or anything. Leave off AnimEigo. I'm just glad someone's bringing over another Naoki Urasawa anime. If they indeed have this ready by 2007, i officially LOVE AnimEigo. Next, Cooking Papa and Cat's Eye please. If the world doesn't end in 2012, i'll be ready 2020.

And mcarocks, you rock. PS, i got Crusher Joe just now, so tell them to give you the 59 cent commision.
    Donk

8. Un, Finch? Are you remembering that AnimEigo has been around forever, and was one of the first U.S. anime companies? They've had tons of non-series releases.

9. I know that, but they also have those big series.
    Donk