Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Megaman X7

Megaman X7

Well I waited until it was twenty bucks, but I now finally have Megaman X7. I remember there being some harsh criticisms of the game, but after playing it a bit (I've gotten through 5 stages now) I find it to be quite enjoyable. It's not on the level of Megaman X1 or 4, but it's very enjoyable and much better than the steaming pile that was X5.

The game controls well, and I like how the gameplay alters depending on the stage. I also like the on the fly player switching, much better than the menu switching like in X3. The new guy is annoying, but he can be replaced once you get X. Zero is weak at first, but once you beat a few bosses, he once again becomes the badass he should be, and he even picks up a tip from Star Wars and can deflect bullets. Nice.

The game is fucking hard though... not a complaint really, but it can be irritating. On a postive note, you can keep continuing right where you left off as many times as you want.

Who else was a cheapass and picked this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I got it yesterday... still sealed.

My Game of Xmas has been Prince of Persia. I've been neglecting all other titles for this one.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. The 3D levels can lick my dingleberries.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    The 3D levels can lick my dingleberries.
    the 2D levels aren't even good, imo. auto-targetting!? and shit design, as well.

very very very mediocre overall.

5. Crap in a hat. But there's no hat, so it's just crap.

6. I had a chance to play it (well actually it was a totally-illegal bootleg of Rockman X7), and I didn't like it. But my friend beat it anyway.

I was willing to forgive... pretty much everything... but even the more technical parts were taken away. Consider this movie I made over a year ago:

I guess there just isnt' the love for X7 here. Not the first time I've been the only person to like a game *cough* FF8 *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. I grew sick of the X series after X5... X6 was atrocious, and I don't even want to get near X7.

I wish they'd go back to the original series and make MM9 already.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I wish they would just stop making Mega Man.

10. I thought this game was decent enough but it was way too easy. you don't even have to bother learning the weakness for each boss because all you have to do is throw random shit out with X/Axl and do Zero's Raijinshou repeatedly