Thread: Evil Genius

1. Evil Genius

EVIL GENIUS - Trailer

EVIL GENIUS - Trailer 2

Saw this game at E3 and it reminded me a lot of Dungeon Keeper.

Looks promising. Main site found HERE.

2. It's going to be a definite blast. I've anticipated this since an early preview in CGW, I like the tongue in cheek humor they seem to be going with here, very much like No One Lives Forever.

Too bad only 4% of the community cares about PC games here that aren't Half Life 2 or Doom 3, however.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. Picked it up tonight. Have to put some time into it in the next few days.

4. I played the demo and it was fun at first, but then all the problems really started to arise... The graphics are great and I LOVE the style and humor. Your minions are nifty and it's fun to watch them interact with others and objects and such.

But... when it comes to fighting, this game BOMBS. None of your minions will attack a villian until either: A) You tell a minion to kill/interrogate/convert at least one villian, B) The villian shoots first or C) The villian hits a trap. It's even more of a problem when the villians look SO DAMN SIMILAR to your minions you often get them confused and don't bother killing them until they set fire to your brand new barracks.

The demo got pretty boring fast, too. I know it's just a demo, but it's supposedly from the final build =/ The game seems to just be to make your lair as big as possible with as many nifty gadgets as you can get and to kill anyone who infiltrates the base. Whoo hoooooo, rockage. I'll wait for the price to go down before getting it.

5. The demo failed on many different levels for me also. Hopefully, it does well enough for the dev's to make another one.

I mean any game that has a henchman with a trained killer monkey, deserves SOME credit.

6. Impressions from the final game soon.