Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Game-of-the-Year-to-Date

1. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    both were 2005
    D'oh!

Then my vote goes to New Super Mario Brothers.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

2. I'm completely shocked by the number of votes for NSMB. Honestly, NSMB gets my vote for most disappointing game YTD.

3. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Ayn Rand sucks. 'Atlus Shrugged' is the worst book ever written. I stopped reading it and started using the pages for toilet paper when I was on the can reading 'Breakfast of Champions'.

Anyway, I thought you already had Metal Saga. You certainly were giving people enough shit about it in the official thread. I won't front, I bought the game and enjoyed it. It looks like dogshit but it's got some cool tanks and a good sense of humor.
    lol, Ayn Rand is awesome. But there's not much sense in arguing that with someone who couldn't even make it through one of her books. 'Breakfast of Champions' was kinda cool I guess, but a little too "HAY EVERYBODY, I'm outrageous! Look, I'll put a drawing of an asshole in my book!" Ending was interesting. I'm curious how the movie turned out.

I do have Metal Saga. I bought it back during the Official Thread days, just never got around to starting it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Ayn Rand is awesome.
    Ayn Rand was a horrible old bitch with a shallow and empty life philosophy. I don't care how many layers of closed-loop rationale she uses to back it up, it's soulless rubbish. It would make all the cute happy people in your avatars cry.

She is the EA of philosophers.

EDIT: Sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but she makes me angry. Her ideas have propped up me-first-you-never right wing types for years. I think the effect of her philosophy on society isn't to empower the individual, but rather is ultimately cold, divisive, materially focused and spiritually stunted. Siddharta & Ghandi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ayn Rand
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 21 Aug 2006 at 02:26 AM.
    -Kyo

5. Ghandi > Everyone, that's not a very fair attack :P

6. Ayn Rand could kick Ghandi's ass.

7. Strider beat me to calling Ayn Rand a bitch after I saw her name in here heh.

Unfortunately and as usual, he also went well beyond the call of duty and I have nothing really to add.

edit: actually what the hey.

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ar200io9.jpg
    Last edited by Salsashark; 21 Aug 2006 at 03:04 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Ayn Rand could kick Ghandi's ass.

Ghandi could passively resist her blows until she had a heart attack.
    -Kyo

9. I'll give my vote to KOF XI by default since there hasn't been any other games that really gripped me aside from KOF:MI2, which XI manages to edge out mainly through the shift system with crazy, multi-character combos. It's still not the level of wow I expect from a GOTY, but it'll do for now.

Okami is poetry in motion, but can't judge the full game from fifteen minutes of rushed playtime.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2