View Poll Results: how attached are you to the way tnl functions

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I need my thread descriptions and other assorted hacked-on crap!

14 51.85%
  • I can live without them, I guess

5 18.52%
  • comedy option

8 29.63%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how attached is everyone to the way tnl works now

1. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    Sold. I hereby change my vote from "comedy option" to whatever choice is "make it happen".

3. spoiler spoiler spoiler tag please

that is all...

4. Just want to say one more thing. If you further inspect the forum they have what it looks like in action. Most of what the admins will see are farking unreal. Mouseover windows shit ... etc. You can ignore not just the dude but all his older posts, his IP, etc. Heres what it looks like ...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    yeah I'm hoping that plugin system will make it piss-easy to re-apply stuff like the arcade, thread descriptions, post concatenation, etc. to the point where I have to edit no files whatsoever on the stock vbulletin installation.

guess we'll find out soon

6. Cka if you go in the forums they explain how you can just transfer all this stuff over there without a reinstall its like a software upgrade. If you read the help threads alot of guys had a problem with it, but the guys that created the software explain how NOT to f' it up. I'd read that first and they already have a bug fix.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    Cka if you go in the forums they explain how you can just transfer all this stuff over there without a reinstall its like a software upgrade. If you read the help threads alot of guys had a problem with it, but the guys that created the software explain how NOT to f' it up. I'd read that first and they already have a bug fix.

yes I know, I've upgraded vbulletin multiple times over the past 7 or so years... I'm talking about my homebrew hacks on this site and using the new plugin system to rewrite what I modified for this version (which is hardcoded into the software itself) into self-contained modules for easy addition/removal/updating.