Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eardrum

1. Eardrum

damn dont have alot of time to post about it but heres a link to the video for the single Listen let me tell you its hot shit. Talib is what hip hop is missing too bad he'll never get played on the radio.

http://www.myspace.com/talibkweli

The video is badass im hyped about this CD fo sho.

Its the year of the Blacksmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. I hope it's better than his last album. I was rally dissapointed with that one. The new single is a nice step up.

Beautiful Struggle, or Right About Now?

Because Beautiful Struggle was awesome, IMO, despite what popular opinion states. Going Hard and Broken Glass are great songs.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Beautiful Struggle, or Right About Now?

Because Beautiful Struggle was awesome, IMO, despite what popular opinion states. Going Hard and Broken Glass are great songs.
    beautiful Struggle. I liked most of the the 2nd half of the album. After Black Star, Train of Thought, Quality and the mixtapes I was really looking forwad to it and was dissapointed. I'll probably give another chance in time but as of right now I don't care for it. I felt Kweli tried to kinda comprimise his artistry with industry cliches...I don't I can't call it.

Mos Def's New Danger kinda dissapointed me but only becuase I wasn't expecting what it turned out to be (Black Jack Johnson and Not Black On Both Sides) it's still a very good album.

I had to give Beautiful Struggle a few listens to, but it really grew on me. Alot of the lyrics are really good, and while it's admittedly nowhere near Quality or Blackstar, it's still a great album... but Going Hard is prob my fav Kweli song yet. (blackstar excluded...thieves in the night is amazing, and respiration is my fav song ever. )

Semi related:

I recommend checking out Jose Gonzalez'- Sometimes I Rhyme Slow

SOMETIMES I RHYME SLOW: A Remixtape by Dert
    Hip hop meets acoustic as José González’s Veneer gets reworked and blended with verses from some of today’s most elite underground and mainstream emcees. Taking inspiration from Nice & Smooth’s “golden-era” track of the same name, Sometimes I Rhyme Slow is a updated take on fusing acoustic guitar samples with funk, soul and breakbeats. This mixtape, while not meant to overshadow the original tracks, provides a much needed ‘feel-good’ alternative to rap’s current heavy rotation.

TRACK LISTING:
    1. Go + All You Deliver
    Common

2. Get ‘Em High + Lovestain
    Kanye West feat. Talib Kweli & Common

3. Good Mourning + Deadweight on Velveteen
    Reflection Eternal

4. The Light + Heartbeats
    Common feat. Erika Badu

5. Two Words + Slow Moves
    Kanye West feat. Mos Def & Freeway

6. Dreams + Crosses
    The Game

7. My Favorite Ladies + Remain
    MF Doom

8. One Love + Stay in the Shade
    Nas

9. The Greatest Show on Earth + Hints
    Aceyalone

6. Finally some Kweli love

Anyway, i liked beutiful struggle too Goin Hard, the last track ( i cant remember it ) and Black Girl Pain are the tightest on that. Anyone here other than me listen to right about now? I think everyone needs to hear Ms. Hill definitely one of the best songs i've ever heard i guarantee you've never heard so much raw emotion packed into one song. you can tell he really cares about Lauryn. plus theres Supreme, Supreme featuring Mos Def and The Beas feat Papoose <- guarantee this song'll get u ready to whoop some ass.

As for The New Danger thumbs down for me...im not a big fan of the rock stuff and aside from the rapeover (track #5) there wasnt any rap until the ninth track. wtf. But the raps are tight though just too much rock for my tastes...
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Genki
    Finally some Kweli love

Anyway, i liked beutiful struggle too Goin Hard, the last track ( i cant remember it ) and Black Girl Pain are the tightest on that. Anyone here other than me listen to right about now? I think everyone needs to hear Ms. Hill definitely one of the best songs i've ever heard i guarantee you've never heard so much raw emotion packed into one song. you can tell he really cares about Lauryn. plus theres Supreme, Supreme featuring Mos Def and The Beas feat Papoose <- guarantee this song'll get u ready to whoop some ass.

As for The New Danger thumbs down for me...im not a big fan of the rock stuff and aside from the rapeover (track #5) there wasnt any rap until the ninth track. wtf. But the raps are tight though just too much rock for my tastes...
    Yea I hear ya. The last few tracks on The beautiful Struggle were very good it just kinda took to long for to get to that. Also I'm not big into rock I liked sunshine and the Ghetto Rock tracks, Sex Love and Money and the rest I don't really remember I just kinda let play whenever I do play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genki
    Finally some Kweli love

Supreme Supreme was on the Beautiful Mixtape Vol. 2 before it was on Right About Now.

Right About Now was almost entirely recycled, since I pretty much have, and have listened to, every Talib song there is, Right About Now was sort of disappointing with the lack of originals.

9. Quote Originally Posted by x2y
    Yea I hear ya. The last few tracks on The beautiful Struggle were very good it just kinda took to long for to get to that. Also I'm not big into rock I liked sunshine and the Ghetto Rock tracks, Sex Love and Money and the rest I don't really remember I just kinda let play whenever I do play it.
    Whenever i listen to it i start it on track 9 and let it play...i dont want anybody to misunderstand tho the rap thats on there is top notch much love for mos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Supreme Supreme was on the Beautiful Mixtape Vol. 2 before it was on Right About Now.

Right About Now was almost entirely recycled, since I pretty much have, and have listened to, every Talib song there is, Right About Now was sort of disappointing with the lack of originals.
    It was good for me cause indianapolis isnt exactly the capitol of hip hop so i cant always get my hands on mixtapes...Oh and Supreme Supreme was a bonus track on the UK version of Beutiful Struggle...i always wondered why Talib didnt have any tracks with mos...

10. Alright this shit is pissing me off Talib got pushed back to 7/27/07. Yeah gay I know.

Anyways he's got 2 singles out in addition to Listen!:

Say Somethin': you can listen to it on his site: www.talibkweli.com

More or Less: He's got a video out for this one heres a youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIGKOpefBw

But this has been my most anticipated album ever and it seems like its never gonna come out. The damn original date was 6/22/06 it's been pushed back more than a year and he's got 3 singles and 2 videos out already. Fuck. /rant