Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Excel Saga!

1. Excel Saga!

I bought it yesterday at Best Buy for a mere $17.99... It's not actually supposed to be out 'til Tuesday.

I'm not one to do in-depth impressions, but suffice to say it's funny as hell. But I'll give a little background; it's a sci-fi/comedy (though much more the latter than the former) centered around world- no, city- conquest agency ACROSS and it's most hyper agent, Excel. Each episode kinda has it's own theme; the first is a kinda introduction, then a sci-fi epic, then a war movie, then a dating sim, and finally a government conspiracy...

Yeah, I suck at synopsises (synopsi?). I don't wanna spoil anything, though.

"La la la, manga artists are the scum of the Earth... de de de..."

2. Ya know

In my hunt for Blue Gender 3 (and an early Soultaker vol 3 release) I didnt even think to look for Excel Saga. I think im gonna go check BB right now...thx for the scoop.

lee

3. Re: Excel Saga!

I first saw Excel Saga a couple of years ago via fansubs, and I will vouch for it being one of the funniest animes I've ever seen.

Of course, the more you know about anime and Japanese pop culture, the funnier it will be (sorta like Project A-Ko in that respect), but ADV mercifully decided to include pop-up notes so that even newbies can get clues on the references and jokes...

I can't wait for my copy of the DVD to get here, personally. I'd like to see how ADV treated the series with my own eyes...

4. Supposedly it's one of the most advanced anime dvds. Besides His & Her Circumstances, anyway.

5. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Supposedly it's one of the most advanced anime dvds. Besides His & Her Circumstances, anyway.
    Yep, that's what I read - ADV's best DVD job yet. Transfer, menus, extras, etc..

Need to pick this one up this week

- Kabuki

6. best buy is advertising it in their weekly flyers for $16. so that means you can go in and get a $2 refund if you picked it up at the 17 pricing. but the 2 probably doesn't even matter...

i'm definitely going to pick it up on tues, the trailer for it on the other adv releases is pretty funny.

7. Oh yes, it will be mine.

*sics Nabeshin on verbal*
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

8. Awwwwwww!!

I missed U 2!!!

lee

(ties up Riisu and forces him to watch Hamtaro)

9. I watched the first two episodes last night - very bizzare and funny stuff. High quality all around !! I loved the mumbling manga artist guy So far I'd give it a B+ for content. I should be watching the rest of the DVD tomorrow night, so I'll give some real impressions then.
    - Kabuki

10. Looks interesting. Wonder why there aren't any reviews of this yet.