Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Open 2006

US Open 2006

So I hear Agassi is retiring. I'm probably gonna head out there sometime after Labor Day. Anyone else going to hit it up?

It would be nice to see Agassi play but I'm sure that every match of his will be sold out center court. Hopefully I can catch Blake play...the guy is so close to cracking a major tournament, I just don't know if he can consistently play at his top skill level for long enough to do it. And I don't know if he ever will.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. <3 Agassi

I wonder how long it will take Andy to lose his mojo this year. Apparently, this year AmEx thinks he's just good enough to beat the Pong paddle.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 24 Aug 2006 at 06:46 PM.

I hope Agassi has a good showing. It'd be a shame if he went out in the first two rounds. I've grown up with Agassi as a tennis player; when he first got popular I was playing in high school and he was certainly one of our biggest tennis idols immediately because of his rock'n'roll attitude, so his retiring is pretty big to me.

That being said, it's certainly time, if not past time. I don't think he has one more in him, but if he can get to the third round that'd be awesome.

I'd love to be in New York right now, hanging out in Flushing with a bunch of Asian girls and then going and fighting the crowds at the subway station between Shea Stadium and the US Open Tennis Center.

4. Hasn't Agassi said he was retiring before?

Anyway, I might try to head there one day this week. Every year I say that, but I never end up doing it. I probably should this time, though, if Agassi's really calling it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I've grown up with Agassi as a tennis player; when he first got popular I was playing in high school and he was certainly one of our biggest tennis idols immediately because of his rock'n'roll attitude, so his retiring is pretty big to me.
    Yeah, I remember when Agassi had the long hair and all. Now he's bald and married to that ugly giant nose monster Steffi Graf.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Aug 2006 at 12:22 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Anyway, I might try to head there one day this week. Every year I say that, but I never end up doing it. I probably should this time, though, if Agassi's really calling it quits.
    Think of it as a photography outing. Pack up your camera and go down to get some pictures of the venue and crowds and stuff. Post your pics and fill me in on what the atmosphere is like during US Open.

6. I'll be watching on TV. I too hope Agassi does well. I would like to see him win it all, but that may be a long shot. I think Roddick will do better this year. He looked really good in his last tournament, and Jimmy Connors is coaching him now. Federer is obviously the favorite.

I'm hoping Nadal takes the whole thing. That kid's a bad ass.

8. A Federer/Nadal final would be pretty sweet.

9. "I think Roddick will do better this year."

Of course he will, you posted this after he won the first match ;p

I'll be there on the 5th. This might be Agassi's last match, eh?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.