Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1828303132

Thread: Official Xbox Morrowind Thread

1. Dang. I always wanted a cloak for my character. Those robes all look the same - sucky.
    -Kyo

2. Quote Originally Posted by jiji
    The cape, the head, the hair, and possibly her skirt are all from different plugins. The cloaks plugin adds capes/cloaks to shops and to many NPCs (guards included). It's pretty cool stuff.
    Are those pluins from the expansion packs or something on the web?... if their from expansion packs then the Morrowind "GOTY" version should have them as well ... to bad you can't customize nearly as much as in the PC version can, I've seen some pretty cool mods out there for the PC version.

3. They're from the web. It's too bad no means of using plugins in the Xbox versions has been worked out, what with all the hacking that's possible with other games. I suppose there are performance issues to worry about, too - some of the plugins (mostly building plugins) could cause a performance hit.

There are a ton of great plugins available, and a lot of cheap/cheaty ones too. Right now I have a plugin installed for a small house in Balmora, as well as a bunch of cosmetic plugins for clothing and character models, and a couple of tweaks (like fixes to thieving skills and a plugin that locks shop and manor doors at night).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Vivec isn't as easy as you're thinking
    He is if you've got the right enchanted items. I could've kill him barehanded without tricks if I had more patience. I finally gave up beating on him after 45 minutes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    and enemies with high magic reflection makes those good paralysis blades we loved in morrowind main suicide weapons.
    The only enchantment you should have on your main weapon is Absorb Health. It can't be relfected.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jiji
    They're from the web. It's too bad no means of using plugins in the Xbox versions has been worked out, what with all the hacking that's possible with other games. I suppose there are performance issues to worry about, too - some of the plugins (mostly building plugins) could cause a performance hit.
    You can use plugins on the xbox version with the aid of a modchip, though since I messed up my chip I can't try it out. At least the xbox version will be getting the female armor mod included with the expansion. No longer will armored women have to suffer the shame of being flat-chested.

It only took me about 20 mins to kill Vivec with my high powered character. His super punches didn't do much damage, but they would stagger, so it was easier just to float above him and hit him with long range spells, summons, and magic arrows.

If you kill him after getting the special item from him, you can get two, though the one you get from his corpse will need to be activated... and a second one is pretty much useless anyway.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. 20 minutes? I can kill him in maybe a minute with my sword. His punches become love taps when you have an item enchanted with a healthy dose of constant effect restore fatigue.

7. So just how much difference does the difficulty slider make? Because I'm around level 32 with roughly 4 quests completed in the blades. I don't even have any meaningful combat-relevant enchanted items and I'm slapping all the freaky Sixth House guys around like pinatas.

If it makes a big enough difference, I may just hold off until the GotY edition rather than just traipsing through the whole game with no great obstacles.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers

The only enchantment you should have on your main weapon is Absorb Health. It can't be relfected.
    true, but i really love paralysis weapons, nothing like stunning a punk then impaling his paralysed carcass. But it is nasty against reflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    So just how much difference does the difficulty slider make? Because I'm around level 32 with roughly 4 quests completed in the blades. I don't even have any meaningful combat-relevant enchanted items and I'm slapping all the freaky Sixth House guys around like pinatas.

If it makes a big enough difference, I may just hold off until the GotY edition rather than just traipsing through the whole game with no great obstacles.
    i really never cared much about the slider, but both exp paks are high level intensive, so traipse away, beating the game dosent really end it per se. Just go to the new realms with the cool named weapons. you will appreciate the new quest logger though, it keeps track of what quests you have on going, great for people who run 5+ quests at once like me. also,you could make notes on the map ( local only) so no going back into caves you have already fumigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    i really never cared much about the slider, but both exp paks are high level intensive, so traipse away, beating the game dosent really end it per se. Just go to the new realms with the cool named weapons.
    Okay, I just got the impression from what you guys were saying that given my level and abilities I'd have an easy time with them, as well.

you will appreciate the new quest logger though, it keeps track of what quests you have on going, great for people who run 5+ quests at once like me. also,you could make notes on the map ( local only) so no going back into caves you have already fumigated.
    Unfortunately, those are the only features they've taken out of the GotY Edition, because they're "not console friendly". Fortunately, I never really have more than one or two quests going at once (if that), though it would be nice to label where I'd left stuff I couldn't carry out.
    -Kyo

10. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Unfortunately, those are the only features they've taken out of the GotY Edition, because they're "not console friendly". Fortunately, I never really have more than one or two quests going at once (if that), though it would be nice to label where I'd left stuff I couldn't carry out.
    Mark the spot with the stuff, use Amesti (whatever it's called) intervention to warp to the nearest temple, which is always in a town, drop you goods, recall back to the spot and repeat. Or have mark on your home base, then pick all the goods even if it makes you way overencumbered, warp home and drop off your stuff. You shouldn't have to leave anything behind.

I think they still have some improvements for the journal for the GOTY edition, but you can't add notes to it.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2