Page 1 of 50 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: new new new (Recent Music Purchases)

1. new new new (Recent Music Purchases)

CDs:
    Blackalicious - A2G EP
    Worth getting for Alphabet Aerobics (The Cut Chemist 2½ Minute Workout) alone.

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
    $10 MSRP is a cheap price to pay for one of the best hip-hop albums I've ever heard.

DJ Shadow - The Private Press
    Shadow's first LP in years is finally out in stores.
    Even after playing the leaked promo to death, I love this album.
    Too bad I couldn't find the 2CD Limited Edition... oh well.

Fog - Fog
    Another great album put out by Ninja Tune. Found at Best Buy, of all places.

Radiohead - Amnesiac (Limited Book)
    Great album with some of the best CD packaging I've ever seen.

Revolting Cocks - Linger Feckin' Good
    Finally found this industrial-rock Ministry sideproject LP in a store. For $8 too.

DVDs:
    Massive Attack - Eleven Promos
    All of Massive Attack's videos on one DVD. That's it. Still nice to get if you enjoy their music, and have never seen any of their videos. Both of which I qualify for.

Portishead - Roseland NYC
    I didn't even know this was released domestically until I saw that the local record store was playing it over their video systems. I went to go see if they had any for sale, and they did, so I got the last one. I love the album, and this is even better. Included are all of the CD tracks, plus some extra ones not on the CD; all of Portishead's videos; and a couple short films.

Y tu?
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

2. Some music I've purchased within the last two weeks...

• J-Live - All of the Above (CD)
      On par with Blazing Arrow.

Fog - Fog (CD)
      Best Buy has tons of shit don't they....cheap also.

Koushik - Battle Times (Vinyl)
      Don't have it yet, but should be coming in the mail anytime now. Guy's just amazing, nice psychedelic Hip-Hop.

Four Tet - Paws (CD)
      Trying to buy everything this man has done.

Projecto 2501 (CD)
      I kid you not, I found this at a garage sale in mint condition.

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven (CD)
      Finally got around to buying this.

Bjork - MTV Unplugged (DVD)
      Haven't watched it yet, but it's Bjork live so it should be good.

Deftones - Adrenaline (CD)
      Haven't got a clue what happened to my previous copy.

Maire Brennan - Maire (CD)
      Enya's older sister.

I think that's it. I plan on buying Copywrite78 - High Exhaulted next week and DJ Shadow - Private Press at his concert this Sunday. Hopefully Anti-Pop brings along some of thier vinyl for me to get.

3. Just got today:
    Paul Westerberg, Stereo and Mono- I'm listening to Mono right now and I love this. Paul used to be in one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever, The Replacements. Their lead guitarist was kicked out after they signed to the big leagues in the late 80's, and he died later of drugs. God knows where the drummer is, and the bass player is now with Axl Rose doing work on that Guns n Roses album that was going to come out 10 years ago. The lead singer has made a great record after all these years, and thats wonderful.
    Troubleman Mix Tape- 2 discs of underground experimental punk bands, haven't listened to it yet.
    Ill Ease, Live at the Holiday Sin- Ain't listened to it yet.
    Jane's Addiction, Nothings Shocking- Yet to listen to, my first Janes's Addiction album
    Return of the DJ vol 1 and 2- Rob Swift, Beat Junkies, Invisible Scratch Pickles, Peanut Butter Wolf, Mixmaster Mike, and Cut Chemist among others are on the first volume. This came out in 96, and reintroduced the DJ into (along with Shadow's Entroducing) the music scene again. Volume 2 has more obscure people, some have like Mr. Dibbs, Radar, and Kid Koala are more popular now.

APC, your gonna get to see Shadow? Damn you!
    pwned by Ivan

4. APC, your gonna get to see Shadow? Damn you!
    Haha... I called him a bastard when he told me. All in good fun though, of course.
    Those Return of the DJ albums sound nice. Gonna have to look into those.

5. Recent CD's eh?
    The Hives - Veni Vidi Vicious
    Overall a good CD. Bought for Hate to Say I Told You So. Unhappy with the length. (28 minutes?!?) But it has good guitars, bass and drums. Singer can get grating when his voice cracks though. But I dig it.
    Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
    Wanted to see how they sounded before their latest CD. I really like this CD. Great lyrics and awesome guitars and drums. I'll have to pick up some more older Jimmy Eat World CD's.
    Trigun OST
    I love Trigun in general, so I grabbed the STK. It's very good with 15 songs of goodness. Some of the songs have been remixed with some drum/techno effects, but I like it.

There ya go.

6. i've only made one purchase in the last few months...

eminem show!

7. Shifted from my CD buying mood back to games, so I haven't bought many as of later(thus the reason I let my recent cd purchase thread die off). Anyway, here are the CDs I bought within may and june.

Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity: Not for everyone, definitely. I,however, love it.

Dillinger Escape Plan - S/T: See above.,,,

Snapcase - Designs for Automotion: Dissappointed. Not sure why I got it, but I'm not too thrilled. It's average...

Mogwai - 4Satin EP, Ten Rapid, EP+2, My father My King, Kicking a Dead Pig(Import): Rounded off my Mogwai collection. All great. I got the kicking a dead pig not knowing it was an import. Unfortunately, the Us version is better.....

Godspeed You Black Emporer - Slow Riot EP: Great...

88 Fingers Louie - Up your ass: Some of it I like a lot, a few I don't like. Pretty good overall.

I know there is more, but I am tired. I got some DDream Theater, a few Iron Maiden, maybe some other stuff.

8. And you will know us by the trail of the dead - "Source tags and code" - Solid rock Album. Rating: 7/10

A perfect Cirlce - "Mer de noms" - Fucking awesome stuff. Really emotive, and Maynard has never sounded better. Shame Billy died... Rating: 9.5/10

The streets - "original pirate material" - British hip hop recorded in a kids bedroom. good for a laugh, but not my sort of thing. Rating: 5.5/10

9. Re: new new new (Recent Music Purchases)

Originally posted by ruhztee
    Portishead - Roseland NYC
    I didn't even know this was released domestically until I saw that the local record store was playing it over their video systems. I went to go see if they had any for sale, and they did, so I got the last one. I love the album, and this is even better. Included are all of the CD tracks, plus some extra ones not on the CD; all of Portishead's videos; and a couple short films.
    I've got the CD, but I never knew there was a DVD of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Four Tet - Paws (CD)
    Is this the same as the stuff you sent me the other day? Cause that was amazing stuff.

10. I've got the CD, but I never knew there was a DVD of it. Thanks for the heads up.
    Well, when the CD was released back in '98, there was a VHS released on the same date containing the concert. But yea, it was only released a little over a month ago on DVD. I highly recommend it.