Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3646484950

Thread: new new new (Recent Music Purchases)

1. awesome.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I don't buy things online.
    Speaking as a music fan with a special interest in records that are generally unheard-of and unstocked in major music retailers, I have found that unless you have access to well-stocked, second-hand CD shop(s)--luckily, such a store still exists back in my hometown of Nashville, TN--the internet is truly the serious music fan’s best resource for buying CDs. Popular online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon have a wider selection of titles and significantly lower prices than B&M stores like Borders, Best Buy, etc., and for especially hard-to-find titles, there are dedicated mail-order companies like Metal-Disc and The End Records that regularly receive obscure albums and overseas imports directly from the bands/record labels.

Were I not taking advantage of all the low-priced musical treasures drifting through the streams of the internet, my music collection would be significantly smaller in both size and diversity.

3. It's not that I don't trust the internet, it's that I don't trust myself with credit cards.

So I don't have any.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    It's not that I don't trust the internet, it's that I don't trust myself with credit cards.

So I don't have any.
    Would you still feel the same way about a check/debit card?

I also have an aversion to credit cards, so I tie all my online purchases into a checking account, and by combining that more tangible form of payment with a clear-cut budget for all my monthly "entertainment" allowances I keep my CD spending under control.

5. Then this is the easiest way to do it for the credit-phobic.

http://bordersstores.com/
    Search for item, reserve it for pick-up at a Border's.

6. Apoptygma Berserk - 7
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

7. So far its pretty sweet. The live footage is cool, but the audio is a bit meh. Lacks energy.