Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnout Paradise

1. Other than crashes not quite looking right (there seems to be space between my card and the object/car I crash into during the beginning of the cinematic), and the overhead map appearing too zoomed out, I liked what little I played of the demo. I didn't do any races or challenges, but spent about 20 minutes just getting used to the open-ended environment. Unlike past EA-published Burnouts, the announcer didn't bug me, which is a plus. I wasn't looking forward to Paradise after playing the disappointing Dominator, but after this demo, I am, so it definitely did its job.

Edit - Played it again, raced, and got online. I had fun slamming into people as they went through the gas station, and T-bone takedowning another opponent. There's a parking garage with an incredible jump at the waterfront, although I wished I had some opposition in that garage, as it'd be a lot of fun to try and out-takedown someone in such cramped quarters, then racing to the top of the garage to see who can jump first.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 14 Dec 2007 at 03:32 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. You can turn off the DJ if you want.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
    Eh... whatever. Just because every light has an event doesn't mean they'll be worthwhile, and I'm one of those people who'd rather have 12-15 good, intelligently designed tracks than a great big open city with a bunch of half-assed routes through it. This is shaping up to be a nice little Midnight Club clone, but Burnout it is not. Some things just don't need to go the sandbox route.

DJ Atomica
    Crash FM
    I think you're under estimating Criterions level design capabilities.

4. tried the demo tonight. looks stunning, but i've gotten used to ramming shit on the road.

5. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    my stance on live as a pay service to use bandwidth we already purchased has already gotten me a second fight club thread.
    You are so fucking mindless on this topic.

That's like me saying if I buy food and bring it to a chef he should prepare it for free, because I already bought the food.

6. There's no reason trying Opaque, he didn't get it after 10 people explained it to him over the span of 100 posts, and he won't get it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. C'mon, give Brian a break because he lost his virginity to the PS2. At least that's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think you're under estimating Criterions level design capabilities.
    Somehow I don't think the vast majority of available circuits are going to be as good as the ones in previous games, no. That's what tends to happen when you've got an insane number of possible options that are all bound to a single cohesive area. They might be able to wring out 12-15 really fantastic courses, true, but let's not pretend that most of the lights aren't going to be filler.

DJ Atomica
    Crash FM

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    There's no reason trying Opaque, he didn't get it after 10 people explained it to him over the span of 100 posts, and he won't get it now.
    It's just so fucking stupid.

Like, do people like B-Ri go to BMW lots and demand free cars because they already bought gas? Do they go to Fry's and demand free cameras because they bought film?

Buying the part you need for something else to work doesn't mean you deserve the later for free. How the fuck can anyone not get that?

10. Paying for Live is pretty lame, honestly, but it's the best console option at the moment.