Page 1 of 98 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnout Paradise

1. Burnout Paradise

Guildford, UK – August 29, 2006 – Buckle up and prepare to unleash automotive anarchy in the ultimate burner’s paradise. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Burnout™ 5 is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft®.

Burnout 5 gives players license to wreak havoc in Paradise City, the ultimate seamless racing battleground, with a massive infrastructure of traffic-heavy roads to abuse. Gone is the need to jump in and out of menus and aimlessly search for fun like many open world games; in Burnout 5, every inch of the world is built to deliver heart-stopping Burnout-style gameplay. Every intersection is a potential crash junction and every alleyway is an opportunity to rack up moving violations.

Of course, rules are made to be broken, and when gamers enter Paradise City, they’re assigned a Drivers License that quickly begins to amass a record of player’s most aggressive, reckless and destructive exploits behind the wheel. But it’s not the law that’s eyeing player’s progress … when gamers push things too hard they’ll be squaring off against the city’s most infamous burners, and these legends aren’t interested in who crosses the finish line first.

“Burnout 5 is a complete reinvention of the series, built from the ground up for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360,” said Alex Ward, director of game design at Criterion Games. “To create truly next-generation gameplay, we needed to create a truly next-generation game, from top to bottom.”

Burnout 5 also delivers the next level of speed and destruction, with brand new next-generation technology allowing gamers to literally rip their cars in half, in the most explosive pile-ups in the series’ history.

Burnout 5 will ship in 2007 under the EA™ brand and was developed by Criterion Games in Guildford, UK. For more information about the Burnout franchise, please visit www.electronicarts.co.uk or our press Web site at www.electronicarts.co.uk/press. For more information about Criterion Games, please visit http://www.criteriongames.com
    Okay. I'll buy it.
    Last edited by Andy; 14 Sep 2006 at 01:46 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. I dont like this GTA-ification of the Burnout series.

EA + Not NFS with cops = No Deal

Andy's promotion to moderator here probably got him a guerilla marketing raise from EA as well.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 29 Aug 2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. So it's Midnight Club?
    Time for a change

5. THE DAMN TRAFFIC CHECKING BETTER BE TAKEN OUT.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. This change sounds a bit gay

7. I can't believe this series is already on it's fifth iteration. I'll just stick with Burnout 3.

8. HAY GUYS I JUST WANTED TO EXPRESS MY HATE AND DISGUST FOR TRAFFIC CHECKING ONE MORE DAMN TIME. YOU HEARD ME, EA!?

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I dont like this GTA-ification of the Burnout series.
    IAWTP. Having to hunt for your next challenge is lame.

10. I fucking hate the NFS series. Holy shit this better not end up like that Most Wanted garbage.