Thread: unread posts not expiring

1. unread posts not expiring

It used to be when you logged off a while and then logged back in that the only threads that would show up with the 'go to first unread post' link were those that were posted in since you were last on. Now these links don't expire, or the expiration time is much longer. I liked having an easy marker to know which threads have been updated instead of mixing in with all the older threads i ignored. Can we update this to act like the old system?

2. I changed the system so that unread posts were more likely to remain marked as such. Under the old way, they were marked as read after a relatively short time. The new way is a bit more accurate.

From now on, just click the "Mark Forums Read" link before or instead of logging out.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    From now on, just click the "Mark Forums Read" link before or instead of logging out.
    Ok, thanks Nick

A similiar but probably unrelated difference: When using the back button to go from one of the boards, like Sound Off, back to the main forum listing page it would reload the forum listing so it's current. Since the change i have to manually reload that page after using the back button. Is that a browser issue or a forum thing or what? It's been like that on other VB boards for me for a while, but TNL never used to make me reload.

4. I wonder if that has to do with the no-cache headers?

I just had the same problem after answering the first post in this thread. I used the back arrows and I thought you had replied already, but when I checked the thread, my response was the last post.

If it's the cache, I'll fix it.

5. it was the no-cache headers btw

6. It's already in the FAQ.