Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Arcade: The Video Game

1. Penny Arcade: The Video Game

Shame it's not a real-time, fruit-fucking simulation.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/25/pe...g-penny-arcade
    Quote Originally Posted by joystiq
    It will be, in fact, an episodic "comic adventure" known simply -- or, rather, not so simply -- as Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. The installments will initially be available on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms, "followed by a version for next-generation consoles." Robert Khoo, Director of Business Development for Penny Arcade, assured us these would be episodic as well, as opposed to a compilation of episodes.

Khoo told us "it's an RPG in short" but will contain elements of adventure games befitting its "comic adventure" moniker. Knowing that adventure games, episodic content, and creative control are a publisher's kiss of death, Penny Arcade, like Telltale before them, will be distributing their game directly, bypassing retailers and online platforms like Steam and GameTap (for now). The game is being developed by Hothead Games, comprised of former employees of Radical Entertainment, makers of Simpson: Road Rage, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (read: two licensed games that don't totally suck).
    I like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. This might not turn out that bad.

Also, I just noticed the fact that my copy-paste included the links. Sweet.

2. How are you gonna play a Windows game over MAME?

Fucking noob.

3. I'd buy this, if it was just a rebranded Comix Zone where I get to beat up the Penny Arcade guys

4. I'm upset that Penny Arcade will get a game out before F-Chan Factory Inc.
    BTW, Road Rage did in fact suck. It gets by on license alone.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    How are you gonna play a Windows game over MAME?

Fucking noob.
    I was under the impression that Linux platforms meant it would be possible for someone to port this to MAME so I can run it on my Xbox.

Is that not probable?

6. I think Brett thinks MAME is a word for "modded Xbox"

7. lawl

8. MAME is an arcade emulator, but I was also under the impression that people had ran other things through it. Actually, come to think of it, I think what I'm really thinking of is hte DOS emulators I saw floating around; which would make sense for Xbox but why would you need to use a DOS emulator on a PC?

Sorry, this is all new to me. Not to mention completely off topic.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JesusC View Post
    I'm upset that Penny Arcade will get a game out before F-Chan Factory Inc.
    BTW, Road Rage did in fact suck. It gets by on license alone.
    Yeah, but The Incredible Hulk was fucking awesome.
    These guys let me destroy entire cities as the Hulk in Canadian Flag boxers. They deserve much moneys.