Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red's fake box art

1. Red's fake box art

I traced/arranged everything except the L-shaped PS2 title bar. Original images were photographed from an artbook and LCD TV screen. I'd like some comments. For starters, how could I have given the title more polish? I'm also curious about useful features in the latest photoshop not available in 6.0.

Edit (9/21/06): Thanks for your comments, everyone! New version is up!

Last edited by RedCoKid; 25 Sep 2006 at 11:10 AM.

2. The front cover's really nice. I'm not confident enough in design yet to give a critique of the logo, unfortunately.
    The back has some allignment issues. There's a lot of room on the top and everything below the headline looks to be shifted too far to the right. Also, that font for the bulleted text... I know it's appropriate, but it's too difficult to read, imo.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I'm also curious about useful features in the latest photoshop not available in 6.0.
    Layer Sets (and then layer sets inside of layer sets) alone make me unable to go back to pre-CS versions of Photoshop. ...they weren't in pre-CS versions of PS, correct?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. http://www.photoshopdesign.net/ccopy/layersets.htm

I didn't know about that either. That's awesome.

After seeing that picture in your sig, i was wondering if you'd made it or it was real. I figured you'd bring it up eventually either way or i would have bothered you if you didn't.
    Looks good, i didn't know if it was real or not. I'm with Chao about the too much space at the top. I also don't like the borders on the pictures. Too square, maybe round them or use something similar to the bigger border surrounding the text an pictures.
    I also don't like the way the text is leaning on the front. I realize that's how it was on the J version, but 2, 4, and V have it the other way and it just looks better. ): I'm no designer, so maybe it's just personal preference.
    Donk

5. You should put up the original ST3 box for comparison.

6. Good points, the text on the back and spine didn't stand out as well as I'd hoped. The extra space on the top and left gets cut off when trimmed down to 27.3 x 18.3 cm, the official insert size according to Amaray. Thanks for info about layer sets. The J-PS2 box art is attached below (sorry, no scanner ). It's getting late.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1523.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	453.3 KB 
ID:	20194  
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 31 Aug 2006 at 01:58 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Layer Sets (and then layer sets inside of layer sets) alone make me unable to go back to pre-CS versions of Photoshop. ...they weren't in pre-CS versions of PS, correct?
    I use 7 and it has layer sets. Dunno about sets within sets, though...never tried that.

8. That's hot, Red. I've just started learning how to use Photoshop, but I'd really like to do something similar to your Sakura Wars 3 box art deal. I'd like to make some standard CD jewel case sized artwork for Galactic Attack and PowerSlave, both covers and back inlays. Sadly, all I know how to use right now is MSPaint.