Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515171819

Thread: Yakuza 2

1. I did the Blockbuster thing and found it. Also found Force Unleashed so I wound up playing that, seeing how my ps3 is already hooked up and isn't BC. I'll get into this tommorow.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    The TNL thumbs up, low price tag, and 480p 16:9 have me interested.
    I don't think it's 480p. I know it says so on the box, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think it may be a misprint. When I hold triangle and X while the game boots up it doesn't go into 480p like some of the other PS2 480p games. Maybe I'm doing something wrong though.

Also, I don't think this game is hard to find now, although I bet it's a low print run. Two years, or maybe even a year from now, I bet it'll fetch $80-$100 on eBay. It's an investment.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

3. I found a used copy yesterday at GS. 30% later it only cost me $18 and change.

4. Rented it, been playing it for the past few days. Up to Chapter 10 of however many. I don't know. Story seems interesting, but the camera system is balls and why the hell am I trying to fight morons every time I walk down the street? Jesus. Let the man go through.

5. Camera system is balls, indeed.

The fights do sort of get annoying too. Like when I'm trying to make my way to the hostess club to meet with my lady and some punk in a tracksuit starts raising his voice at me cuz I brushed up against his ride. But I dunno, I haven't gotten tired of the fights yet. They're simple sure, but I find them satisfying.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. I'm lttp on this one. Gameflyd the first one, and wanted to get to play this but didn't get around to it when it came out. I like it so far. Smashing fools heads into buildings with hoodies with the word "Fart" on them never gets old.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

7. I got back into this, I'm at chapter 13.

I just passed the part where you have to punch out the giant tigers after beating up an entire castle full of ninjas & samurai, this game is insane

The camera does get twitchy in some confined spaces. The story is nuts though, there are like four families fighting each other and betraying everyone while fending off the Korean commando mafia and the Tokyo police. There's almost too much to do - I've put 25 hours in and I'm most of the way through the game, but in most categories I'm only at like 15-20% - getting 100% on all the side quests would take major commitment.
    -Kyo

8. Okay, I got to the end, I'm fighting the last boss and there's this move where I've almost got him dead and jump on him and start wailing on him and clubbing him in the face and I'm mashing the button and I get a little too into it and...

...I yanked the AC adaptor out of the Playstation.

FUCK!

I'll try again tomorrow.
    -Kyo