Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    When I judge a video game console, I judge it based on the quality of it's video games.

PS2 has better quality video games than Xbox and Xbox 360 combined. Hence, PS2 is awesome.
    I think its fair to judge a system both on its technical/aesthetic/capability merits and its game library seperately.

2. Sure. That last part just happens to be what matters.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Secondly, why the fuck are PS2 games still being announced?
    Get used to it. This isn't going to be the Xbox -> 360 situation, where the old one was quickly killed off. With the PS3 costing what it will, the PS2 is still going to be an active system for at least a few more years, until the PS3 can drop to a more realistic price. Hell, I think a handful of companies have already stated quite clearly that they don't play to even consider moving from PS2 to PS3 until 2007-2008 at the earliest.

By the way... did I hear right that Yakuza has random battles? Like, old-school RPG (you're walking around and then get sucked into combat) battles. That's can't be true, can it?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I really have no reason to get a PS3 until 2008, at earliest. Or a 360 for that matter.
    Same here.

Besides, they'll probably have worked (most of) the bugs and glitches out of the PS3 by 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Get used to it. This isn't going to be the Xbox -> 360 situation, where the old one was quickly killed off. With the PS3 costing what it will, the PS2 is still going to be an active system for at least a few more years, until the PS3 can drop to a more realistic price. Hell, I think a handful of companies have already stated quite clearly that they don't play to even consider moving from PS2 to PS3 until 2007-2008 at the earliest.
    Yeah, look how long the PS1 was supported after the PS2 was out. The PS2 will still be getting games for at least a few more years.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    PS2 has better quality video games than Xbox and Xbox 360 combined. Hence, PS2 is awesome.
    IBTMFN. You left out the GameCube and Dreamcast though. The PS2 can easily handle all four of those combined.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    The second big surprise is that a feature film based on Yakuza has been quietly in the works. This project was foreshadowed by director Takashi Miike's live-action prequel short film. Miike will also direct the feature-length movie, which currently has no release date.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156854.html

Eh...

7. Didn't this game flop hard in Japan? If so, how did they greenlight the sequel?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha View Post
    Didn't this game flop hard in Japan? If so, how did they greenlight the sequel?
    Ever hear of Shenmue 2?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yeah, look how long the PS1 was supported after the PS2 was out. The PS2 will still be getting games for at least a few more years.
    I think it's going to get far more support than PS1 did at that point, though. PS2 was cheap enough that a true transition between consoles could happen, and most of the post-PS2 stuff for PS1 were budget titles and game that had been in production for a while.

For PS2 post-PS3, I think we're going to see far more "real" titles released - stuff like this, God of War 2, etc. If I was a developer right now, unless my game NEEDED to be on the PS3, I think I'd stick with the PS2 for at least another year. I'd have the huge PS2 market, and I'd also have the PS3 players who will be looking for something good as PS3 software gets through that awkward first year.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You left out the GameCube and Dreamcast though. The PS2 can easily handle all four of those combined.
    I had to do a double take on this post. There's no way you can possibly believe that.