Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    That's not the same.

There's a difference between picking one newly released game over another and not watching black and white movies because they aren't good enough. My problem is with the abundance of quality games on 360 right now, it's going to be hard to pop in some ugly PS2 game, even if it's good looking for a PS2 game, and not want to go back to my new shit on 360.
    Who gives a shit if it's newly released or not? Like I said, people who can't enjoy a game that's a few years old are pityable to me. There's so much good stuff besides whatever shit just came out on 360, and if you can't deal with it because of some blurry textures, then I feel bad for you.

I devote a large chunk of my gaming time to stuff a lot older and uglier than Yakuza 2, and I do it because they're good games and they're still fun.

2. Uh, amazing news. Gives a tiny boost to this shitty week.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    im dum lol

3. Sorry, but I already played games that looked like PS2 games. I did it on the PS2 and I did it since 2002.

It's 2007 now and I want to play good looking games.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Sorry, but I already played games that looked like PS2 games. I did it on the PS2 and I did it since 2002.

It's 2007 now and I want to play good looking games.
    I like fun games. This means sometimes my eyes will have to settle.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 21 Sep 2007 at 03:29 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I like fun games. This means sometimes my eyes will have to settle.
    Fuck that shit, man. PS2 games are, like, movies that aren't in HD, or books without pictures. Get with the times.

6. You guys are really bad at this context shit.

In a world with Bioshock and skate. and Eternal Sonata and Halo 3 and Project Gotham 4 and Uncharted and Orange Box and Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 and Timeshift where is there room for this two year old PS2 game?

I can appreciate that you guys are like 4 years behind and you haven't finished last generation, but I did, two years ago. I played damn near 200 PS2, Xbox and GC games and I just don't give a shit about that generation anymore when this generation is happening right now.

So yeah, you guys have fun playing three year old games instead of the new awesome shit coming out right now and then in five years we can go through this again when I'm playing Xbox 720 and PS4 and you guys are all happy about a new Wii game years after the console should have died.

7. First one was amazing, I thought. Can't thank TNL (specifially Diff, of all people) enough for recommending it to me.

8. I enjoyed what I played too.

Don't get me wrong, Yakuza was fucking awesome; I just wish they released it earlier when the PS2 was still applicable and I wish this new one had a face lift so it could fit into the generation that's actually going on right now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    You guys are really bad at this context shit.

In a world with Bioshock and skate. and Eternal Sonata and Halo 3 and Project Gotham 4 and Uncharted and Orange Box and Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 and Timeshift where is there room for this two year old PS2 game?

I can appreciate that you guys are like 4 years behind and you haven't finished last generation, but I did, two years ago. I played damn near 200 PS2, Xbox and GC games and I just don't give a shit about that generation anymore when this generation is happening right now.

So yeah, you guys have fun playing three year old games instead of the new awesome shit coming out right now and then in five years we can go through this again when I'm playing Xbox 720 and PS4 and you guys are all happy about a new Wii game years after the console should have died.

lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    You guys are really bad at this context shit.

Right after CoD4 and right before Uncharted, Time Shift, and Eternal Sonata. Problem solved. Graphics don't make a game more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I can appreciate that you guys are like 4 years behind and you haven't finished last generation, but I did, two years ago.
    No you didn't. You still haven't played Yakuza 2.

Look, I get that new technology can enhance a game, but at the end of the day, who really gives a shit if a game is still fun. I'll play a new Atari game if it's really good. Who cares?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 21 Sep 2007 at 03:49 AM.