Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Science Fiction Recommendations

1. you sure do.
    right after you finish Born Again.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JesusC View Post
    you sure do.
    right after you finish Born Again.
    Finished it today actually, I liked it quite a bit. I loved how they went about the ending with the kingpin and nuke was fucking awesome.

3. Picked up 3 Gene Wolfe books last night from Strand (Litany/Epiphany of the Sun and Book 1 & 2 of the New Sun series). Can't wait to finish The Dark Tower (only on book 2) so I can start these.

4. Awesome! It's so good to see so many people picking these up.

5. I picked up a few more Gene Wolfe books too (Latros in the Mist and Urth of New Sun). Can't wait to get started when I am done with The Dark Tower (on book 3 now).

6. Finished The New Sun Tetrology. Not sure what to think of it, I love how GW constructed a very believable world and society, but I wish there was more information about the cacogen/other races and different universes that concluded the story. I will probably reread it and get a better understanding but it is just so strange that a first person story turned (or hinted) into something much bigger...

7. For Neal Stephenson, my favorite book is Cryptonomicron. It's not really science fiction, but still the best thing he's written.

I also had a good time reading Weber & Ringo's March series-

March Upcountry
    March to the Sea
    March to the Stars
    We Few

The last book is a bit weak, but closes off the final plot bits. I wish they'd trimmed 100 pages from We Few though.

James