Thread: Ipod Nano Help

1. Mad Ipod Nano Help

PLEASE HELP! I was given a ipod nana and it did not come with directions. Its only allowing me to put 80 songs on it and it says I can put 250 but there is not enough room. I have taken everything off of it but it still says there is only room for about 80 songs. Its a 1GB and only allows me about 400MB can some please help me!

2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Moved the thread the the correct section.

4. Or you can ignore the response I gave and make a redundant thread, that works too.

5. Hi Nomi, I have a Ipod NAna, but it works just fine. DO you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    Or you can ignore the response I gave and make a redundant thread, that works too.
    You replied to him? I don't see it.

7. From IPOD Questions thread, a few minutes before:
    Quote Originally Posted by carjac
    I was given a ipod and have know clue how to use it. It was used but there were no songs on it but there was not all the space available.It's a 1GB and should hold about 250 songs and only holds 80. Can someone please help me free up this space! I have tried to rest it and nothing seems to work
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    When the box says that it holds 250 songs, that is an estimate. It only has (most of that) 1GB to use. The 250 song estimate is based on a medium-compression and average song length of around 3 minutes each. If you are putting long songs on it, it holds less than 250. If you have high-quality music that isn't very compressed, it takes up more space and thus the iPod can't hold 250.

If you want to put more songs on the iPod, you need to change the compression on them. A simple way to do this is in iTunes under Preference->Advanced->Importing and change the bitrate of the music that you import. All new songs will be more compressed, and thus take up less space on the iPod. Other people here will most likely point out a better way to do it, but I'm trying to keep it simple for you.

And since you got it used, use the iPod software to Restore Factory Settings. The previous owner might have stored non-music files on there that are taking up space and you just might not be able to find them.

8. Ah, I didn't even see that thread.

Kill yourself.