Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $28.99 for 360 Backward Compatibility at Circuit City

1. MS should do something, makes a free feature of their product sound like it's a premium service.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    can't MS put a stop to this?
    If someone is too dumb to put in a disc and click "Next" a bunch of times then no, there's nothing MS can do about it. Those people will simply find someone else willing to accept money to do it for them.

I've had people call my (now ex-) job asking if they could purchase printer drivers. I told them that not only are those not carried in stores, but they're free from the company's website. Often that was followed by them asking me if I was sure there was nothing they could come purchase for that.

Sure, take the time to leave the comfort of your home and I'll burn you a CD of the free drivers for $20!

3. For those of you who've never had the extreme pleasure of working video game retail...lemme tell you rule #1 that you learn real quick about the business.

PEOPLE ARE STUPID AS SHIT!

And if CC wants to fleece another couple of idiots, go them. More power to them if someone is so dumb that they don't realise they can do it themselves.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DougDaBroadcasta View Post
    For those of you who've never had the extreme pleasure of working video game retail...lemme tell you rule #1 that you learn real quick about the business.

PEOPLE ARE STUPID AS SHIT!

And if CC wants to fleece another couple of idiots, go them. More power to them if someone is so dumb that they don't realise they can do it themselves.
    Confirmed.

This service wouldn't exist if people didn't actually request it. I guess people were requesting it enough that $30 sounded right. I worked a brief job in Circuit City during my younger years, and women paid all the fucking time to have the computer team install Sims expansions and patches for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid
    I just don't see how a big corporation like CC could actually get away with this.
    People rip people off all the time.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If someone is too dumb to put in a disc and click "Next" a bunch of times then no, there's nothing MS can do about it. Those people will simply find someone else willing to accept money to do it for them.
    This isn't about people not knowing how to do it... it is about the people who come in, don't understand how backward compatibility works, and simply think that this is the way it is supposed to happen. Of course, we're all tech savvy and understand the world of video games and whatnot, but not everybody does.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

And since Circuit City became a billion dollar corporation solely by providing information and guidance to those without technical know-how, these present actions are clearly out of line.

Oh wait.

7. I think all of these people trying to be altruistic and compassionate for dumber people are really just upset that they didn't think to do this first.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. fuck i remember when best buy was charging to put the sasser fix on peoples system for like $45, and that was a FREE windows update. but if MS turns updates on by default they get sued.

yes....people are dumb.

9. This is very wrong.

If you don't have XBL or don't want to order a disc from Microsoft and wait: Get the drivers from Microsoft's site, then burn a CD or DVD with them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    This is very wrong.
    How so? This is all just supply and demand and the economic value determined by that. If anything, Microsoft is missing out on some serious possible cash.