Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: $28.99 for 360 Backward Compatibility at Circuit City

1. shit, that this some major BS right there, someone has got to stop those fuckers.

here is my favorite part...

• Every game* will be playable in high definition.
    then...

*Refer to the original Xbox games list to ensure compatibility on the Xbox 360.
    O_o

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    MS should do something, makes a free feature of their product sound like it's a premium service.

MS stop it? MS is the company that decided to see if people would bite on $60 games. Circuit City is also betting on peoples' stupidity.

Shit, I might just take an add out in my local paper to do the 360 software updates for $20!!

3. Some day, maybe consoles will not require constant OS updates, software downloads to play games, and bug fixes. One day, you'll just buy the game, plug it in and play.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Some day, maybe consoles will not require constant OS updates, software downloads to play games, and bug fixes. One day, you'll just buy the game, plug it in and play.
    not anytime soon

Originally Posted by EGM Volume 207 Page 54
    At a recent shareholders' meeting, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada made some startling comments about next-gen development, promising more episodic online content, increased in-game advertising, and regular "software updates." Frankly, Wada's planned "updates" sound more like bug-fixing patches than cool bonus content. He explained that Square Enix could save on the huge cost of debugging by passing the bugs on to consumers and fixing the problems after the fact.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    MS stop it? MS is the company that decided to see if people would bite on $60 games.
    It does cost more to make games now you know. Don't like the price? Simple deciscion not to buy a game. It's not difficult.

6. Well, if you don't want to pay 28.99 for backwards compatibility, you're fucked.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    It does cost more to make games now you know. Don't like the price? Simple deciscion not to buy a game. It's not difficult.
    I personally don't beleive that, but I'm done making my case about it. A handfull of big budget games, yes. Overall, I don't think so. I've bought all my 360 games used or discounted on ebay. Other than Oblivion, I haven't paid more than $40 for any 360 game.

What CC is doing is shitty and unethical. To expect MS to stop it on those grounds is insane. If it was costing MS money (and it isn't) then I'm sure they would try to stop it. I guess CC sees it as a service for people without internet access. IMO, if they were an ethical company that cared about it's customers, they would do it for free in store. In the long run, it would help build repeat customers. Now, once customers realize they have been ripped off, they won't ever shop at CC again. CC has decided it's worth a quick $30 in exchange for $1000's of potential dollars.

I don't shop at CC anyway, so I don't care what happens to them.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    I personally don't beleive that, but I'm done making my case about it.
    Why not? Most games are requiring more people to make them.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    I personally don't beleive that
    Regardless of what you think they should charge, that part's a fact. Every 360 game in particular probably doesn't compared to other recent games, but the overall cost of creating games has been ever-increasing.
    IMO, if they were an ethical company that cared about it's customers
    I remember hearing stories of the days when those companies existed. My grandfather used to tell me about them in front of the fire, and how they would rise up from a group of hard-working individuals that felt they could make a difference. Travelling across the land would be these bands of good-hearted entrepreneurs, spreading good will as they rode on the backs of the once-mighty blue oxen that thrived in fields of sparkling gold wheat.

10. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post

What CC is doing is shitty and unethical.
    is it unethical if they're pandering a service that isn't NECESSARY? people DO have a choice here you know.