Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: $28.99 for 360 Backward Compatibility at Circuit City

1. lol at people defending CC on this.

2. lol at people bashing CC over this.

If you don't spot the sucker in 5 minutes then you are the sucker.

3. The Gooch is right everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Same discussion will happen when PS3 games show up at 60 too.
    Possibly up to $100, according to Sony.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    yeah but then again according to sony (ahem they should just change their name to Ken anyway) the ps3 will render a fully lifelike 3-d image of Kutaragis face in front of your penis while playing. simply put the dual shock in your lap and he does the rest. the heat from the system will evaporate any nut gunk you leave so cleanup is a no-brainer. i'm still waiting to see this one.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That would be complete suicide. Might as well rename it to 3DO 2.

7. Gooch, OMFG, and others are right. People are stupid and will let anyone do anything computer or tech related. Since they don't understand and don't want too. Its basically laziness, they don't want to understand how something works, they'll let some 20 yr old who works at CC or BestBuy do it for them.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. My CC doesn't seem to provide this 'service,' but they were selling Pirates! and Thief for $10 a pop, so I can't hate them very much.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So what, do they just have a large file with each update? Or do they connect it to live and do each game one by one?
    As far as I can tell, it's one file/download for each update... I put in a game and it downloaded, then I put in another game and there was no download... but when I put one in that was part of a different "batch" of BC games, it had to download that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    This just doesn't seem right to me, and it makes me wonder if all the Circuit City stores are doing this. I really wouldn't doubt it if its just one person working at that Circuit City who plans to scam some people for extra cash. I just don't see how a big corporation like CC could actually get away with this.
    No, my Circuit City isn't doing this, and I haven't seen it in any of the other stores in my area. I think it's a one store instance (or maybe one district). We did just start offering the whole "transfer your old VHS to DVD" service though... we just got a return on one of those DVD recorder/VCR combos and we're using that. It's retarded, but at least it's a better service than BC updates. A co-worker of mine also sold an install on a PSP becuase of the firmware updates. He explained they could do it themselves, but they didn't have wireless internet, and didn't want to have to deal with setting something like that up. People are stupid/lazy so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Link? I have trouble believing that.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.